Calendar opens to full window length from reduced size

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
Code Name

Calendar opens to full window length from reduced size

Post by Code Name »

I always have my Tb sized to a reduced sized window (both vertically & horizontally). For the past two days 80% of the time whenever I open the calendar the window opens to full vertical length on my screen - the top remains [reduced] where I have it set, only the bottom is extended to the bottom of the screen. The width or horizontal portion of the reduced size calendar window remains where I have it set. The Tb window (without the Calendar opened) opens as usual with the reduced size I have it set at - it's only when I open the Calendar, which requires that I reset the window size.

Is anyone else experiencing this unusual behavior?
Politicians and Diapers must be changed often for the exact same reason...
WaltS48

Re: Calendar opens to full window length from reduced size

Post by WaltS48 »

Code Name wrote:I always have my Tb sized to a reduced sized window (both vertically & horizontally). For the past two days 80% of the time whenever I open the calendar the window opens to full vertical length on my screen - the top remains [reduced] where I have it set, only the bottom is extended to the bottom of the screen. The width or horizontal portion of the reduced size calendar window remains where I have it set. The Tb window (without the Calendar opened) opens as usual with the reduced size I have it set at - it's only when I open the Calendar, which requires that I reset the window size.

Is anyone else experiencing this unusual behavior?
Not here using Thunderbird 68.6.0 on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS Linux,

Somebody recently filed a bug report about the same issue, but are now saying it isn't only the Calendar, it is Thunderbird itself.

The screenshot in that bug report shows the Today Pane, not the calendar tab which is between the Junk folder tab and the Search bar.

https://bug1624651.bmoattachments.org/a ... id=9135455

Have you tried disabling all the extensions except Lightning and restarting Thunderbird?
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5