[SLVD] After Thunderbird upgrade, calendars have disappeared

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
tomdkat

[SLVD] After Thunderbird upgrade, calendars have disappeared

Post by tomdkat »

Hi! I'm running Linux Mint 18.3 and today (4/21/2020) an upgrade to Thunderbird 68.7 was posted. So, I upgraded from 60.9 to 68.7. The upgrade ran without issue, mostly, except *all* of my calendars have pretty much disappeared. Additionally, I can't seem to create a new calendar. I can still see some events and of the 3 Google calendars I had setup, I was able re-login to two of them successfully. However, I can't see *any* of the Calendars I had installed, including the "Home" (local) calendar.

I can't post a screenshot now but can when I get home.

In the meantime, any ideas on what could have went wrong with the calendars? I upgraded *all* of my add-ons, after the Thunderbird upgrade, and everything is now current, including the Provider for Google Calendar.

Thanks in advance!

Peace...
Last edited by tomdkat on July 8th, 2020, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomdkat

Re: After Thunderbird upgrade, Calendars have disappeared

Post by tomdkat »

I haven't been able to generate any screenshots yet, but I do have an update. I experimented with starting Thunderbird in safe mode and after enabling Lightning and the Provider for Google Calendar, I can see my calendar entries. However, this happens *only* after Thunderbird restarts. If I start Thunderbird manually, the calendar data doesn't load.

So, this is what happened:

1) Restart Thunderbird in safe mode
2) Enable Lightning and Provider for Google Calendar
3) Use the "Restart now" link to restart Thunderbird
4) Upon restart, the Calendar information appears
5) Close Thunderbird
6) Start Thunderbird
7) Upon start, the Calendar information disappears

Could I have a corrupt profile, by chance?

Peace...
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

What other extensions do you have installed?

It appears by your description one or more may be interfering.

I stopped using the Provider for Google Calendar extension back a few Thunderbird versions because it doesn't appear to be being developed anymore and switched to Google CalDAV. Unfortunately it is only good for the main Google calendar.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
tomdkat

Post by tomdkat »

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delayed response. I have a TON of other extensions installed, but here's the thing: the calendar data appears *only* after I restart Thunderbird, from within Thunderbird. Right now, the only two extensions enabled are Lightning and Provider for Google Calendar and no calendar data appears. On my Ubuntu system (recently upgraded from 19.10 to 20.04), Thunderbird was updated to version 68.7 a while ago and the calendar wasn't adversely affected. So, I think my Thunderbird profile got corrupt, on my Linux Mint system. Since that was a "secondary" system (not my main system), I'll just blow away the profile and will start a fresh one. I'll probably do this after I upgrade from Mint 18.3 to something newer.

Thanks!

Peace...
tomdkat

Post by tomdkat »

So, I never did blow away the profile BUT Linux Mint informed me the update to version 68.10.0. I installed it and looked at the calendar's "today pane" to see what would happen. Low and behold, the calendar loaded and all my data was there! I had also upgraded to Thunderbird 68.8.0 (before the update to 68.10.0). So, either the update to version 68.8.0 or 68.10.0 resolved my problem.

Peace...