Strange issue with calendar.

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
pete of ebor

Strange issue with calendar.

Post by pete of ebor »

Hi all.. Got a strange issue with Calendar. I have noticed that when I open TB, sometimes the calendar does not populate.
a) If I open TB and the Calendar Tab is closed, clicking on the calendar icon at top right of task bar opens the calendar tab, however the calendar is always empty. There are no events showing at all. Clicking on Edit > Calendar Properties shows the calendar is switched off. Trying to switch it on, it says I am not subscribed to ANY calendars.
b) If I shut TB down now (with empty calendar showing) then restart TB - SOMETIMES the calendar opens correctly showing all my events, and sometimes it open empty as above. After loads of rounds of opening & closing, the only difference I can find is that if I shut down TB (with the empty Calendar showing) and re-open it quickly (within about 1-2 secs) - then the calendar shows normally. If I leave it shut for longer, then it reopens with the blank calendar.
c) Tried TB in safe mode - no calendar events shown and warning that I was not subscribed to any calendars.

Only add-ons in use are Border Colours and Provider for Google Calendar.
TB 78.5.0 (64bit) on Win 10 Ver 20H2

Any Ideas ?

edited to add that TB & Calendar work fine on my Linux machines - although they are both still on TB68
WaltS48

Re: Strange issue with calendar.

Post by WaltS48 »

Seeing many reports of this issue lately and I think it is just because the extension hasn't polled the server for some reason.

Have you tried to right-click on the calendar in the calendar list and clicking "Synchronize Calendars" after enabling it?

I use the Google CalDAV calendar method and haven't seen a problem.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
pete of ebor

Re: Strange issue with calendar.

Post by pete of ebor »

Think I've solved it. Reading some reviews of Provider for Google Calendar, it looks like a problem a few people have had. It seems to be solved by un-subscribing to all the on-line calendars and removing Provider. Restart TB, reinstall provider then re-subscribe to the calendars. Just be aware that you may need passwords for those calendars - this seems to have solved it for me anyway..