Can't add calendar in Lightning

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
Old ssiter

Post by Old ssiter »

yannack wrote:I would like to test the nightly builds, and help during all the test days
I think Lightning nightly builds should work for you if you use an 'official' Thunderbird build from Mozilla for testing instead of Icedove.
yannack

Post by yannack »

OK thanks! I will try that then!
kvelarde67

Post by kvelarde67 »

I'm using Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon and just ran across the lightning-extension package in the Ubuntu repositories. I uninstalled the extension retreived from Mozilla, quit Thunderbird, installed the lightning-extension package and voila my calendar is back and working again!
hornetster

Post by hornetster »

Similar problem, not sure of the cause (obviously!) Have Suse 10.3 64bit installed, and tried installing Lightning. No error messages but comes up with no calendar. When trying to create a new calendar, get the same result - Gets to the name and colour dialogue, but won't go any further. I am not using the default profile location, as I access the data from several PCs. (Actually, several OSs on the same PC) If I move the data to the default location, Lightning works fine, but when moved back to my normal location, again there is no calendar.....
Have also tried this on another PC with Suse 10.2 32bit being the only OS, but again with data not in the default location, and get the same result....

Appears that if you move your Thunderbird data location, Lightning won't work??
yohanan

How I made lightning work on Debian

Post by yohanan »

I have two Debian installs and I was surprised to see lightning working fine on one of them and failing on the other. One difference between the two systems was that I had lots of -dev packages installed on the one and none on the other. So I installed gnome-core-devel, a metapackage which depends on many individual -dev packages, and - voila! - lightning now works. So the culprit must be one or more files conained in one or more -dev packages. I haven't tracked it down yet, as I don't know how to do this .(tried to inspect depenencies with ldd, but without much of a result)

P.S.: Lightning also worked for me on Ubuntu
hornetster

Post by hornetster »

Sorry, should have updated this when I found the answer (with a little help!)
My Thunderbird data was sitting on a fat32 partition and the problem was that the fat32 partition was not being mounted with
the "exec" option.
After doing this, all is working great!

Love it!
yohanan

Post by yohanan »

yannack wrote:Any idea on how to do this with a Debian distribution (no equivalent package to libstd-compat i think :( ) ? thanks!

For me it works after installing libnspr4-dev. And when I remove this package, lightning reproducibly starts misbehaving.
robinhub

Re: Can't add calendar in Lightning

Post by robinhub »

I tried installing stdc++5 dev package for Ubuntu. Now it´s working fine

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-mozillateam-bugs/2008-March/033241.html

Hope it can help you