Can't dismiss reminder in lightning

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
ricardolopez

Re: Can't dismiss reminder in lightning

Post by ricardolopez »

I am having the same problem. I am also using GCal. Before starting with GCal I had another calendar that, once I started using Google, I kept as "read only" and made it not visible. Some of the "undismissable" reminders were original in both calendars and I had to delete all instances in all calendars to make them go away. R.
mogul

Post by mogul »

I believe there was a unifying characteristic of the appointments where this is happening for me... They're all single instances of a recurring meeting that I moved in GCal. So for example, I have a team meeting every week at 3pm on Wednesday, but this week it got moved to 4pm on Thursday. I drag the appointment in Google Calendar to move it, and am prompted to say whether this change affects all instances, just this one, all following, etc. I pick "just this instance". It's the reminder for such moved instances which are particularly undismissable.

If that sounds familiar to others, please chime in.

I read in a blog posting today that there's an issue in Bugzilla about this... Can someone please point me to where that might be?
drjimmy42

Post by drjimmy42 »

Is there anyone with any ability to actually fix this on this thread, or are we all just here whining at no one?
bvdbos

Post by bvdbos »

bug 389251 was fixed a couple of weeks ago. If you download a nightly, it will work.

And yes, there are people reading the forums and helping out otherwise so important information from the forums does get to bugzilla. But of course you're always welcome to add new bugs in bugzilla. Please search for existing bugs first.
Photon500

Post by Photon500 »

bvdbos: are you saying that this bug fix is in a nightly release and should fix the alarm problem? The add-ons manager cannot find any updates to Lightning. And my problem persists.

Thank you.
mogul

Post by mogul »

bvdbos: My test above, with the screencast, was made using the nightly builds, installed just minutes beforehand.
freecloud

Post by freecloud »

I tried installing the lightning (0.9pre. build 2008071518) from the latest available Nightly build for Thunderbird 2.0 (on Windows). I seem to get a different error this time. Lightning stopped working totally. I get a error dialog when Thunderbird is launched.

An error was encountered preparing the calendar located at
** google calendar URL <snipped> :) **
for use. It will not be available.

Details:
Error number: 0xTypeError: Components.classes["@mozilla.org/calendar/calendar;1?type=" + type] has no properties
Description: TypeError: Components.classes["@mozilla.org/calendar/calendar;1?type=" + type] has no properties
ssitter

Post by ssitter »

freecloud, check the Add-ons manager. Most probably you have installed an version of the Provider for Google Calendar extension that is not compatible to Lightning 0.9pre test builds and therefore is disabled. For testing purposes there exists nightly test builds of the Provider for Google Calendar extension too. They can be found in the same folder as the Lightning nightly test builds.
freecloud

Post by freecloud »

Thanks ssitter. I downloaded and installed the 0.9pre and 0.5pre of Lightning and GData provider (built on 20th July 08). After that the integration problems went away. I was able to view the calendar invites.

As of now the good thing is, if there is a new meeting request, I can accept/decline them from Thunderbird. After that I can dismiss the reminder request and it goes away. But the reminder window still shows all the old meeting requests which are already expired. Those I cannot dismiss. Is there a way out of this ?

Thanks for the help. Usage is much better than before :).
freecloud

Post by freecloud »

The issue seems more to do with the recurring meeting requests, which have existed before and continue in the future.
tkuster

Post by tkuster »

Reporting the same problem. I installed the nightlies as recommended above. There's no change in the problem, that I can detect. Running XP, TBird 2.0.0.16 (20080708), Lightning nightly build from 7/28, Google provider from the same page where that nightly build was.
Paper Pusher

Post by Paper Pusher »

me. too. current, not nightly, sunbird.
no google synch
yes repeating events
yes intermittent

grr..
makes sunbird alarms unusable
i hope for fix in the next release
webler

Post by webler »

Post Posted July 11th, 2008, 7:22 am
bug 389251 was fixed a couple of weeks ago. If you download a nightly, it will work.

Please pardon my ignorance, but what is a nightly, and how do I download it. I am having the same problem and it's starting to get really annoying.
cuttsj

Post by cuttsj »

Here's a "Me Too" (sorry about that) with a twist.

Environment:
XP SP3
Thunderbird 2.0.0.16
Lightning 0.8 (2008033120)
Using WebDev to a local server - Not using Google - which seems to be constant from the above comments.

My solution to the problem is to fire up my install of Sunbird 0.8 which does a find and dandy job of dismissing the alerts. I've had no problem with Sunbird not getting my alerts to turn off.

Just come food for thought.
ssitter

Post by ssitter »

cuttsj, maybe you configured the calendar as read-only in Lightning by mistake? In that case you can't snooze/dismiss.