Can't dismiss reminder in lightning

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
jt74

Re: Can't dismiss reminder in lightning

Post by jt74 »

I'm moving fast through a work day, so excuse me if I've overlooked details of the previous posts.

I just installed Postbox with Lightning and Provider. I ran into the same issue with dismissing events.

In my case it was user error. I'd used .ics google calendar links and integrated them into Postbox/Lightning as .ics calendars--no dismissing.

I deleted those calendars and re-entered the same calendars with .xml google calendar links and integrated them into Postbox/Lightning as Google Calendars--full integration.

Hope this helps someone . . .
workshop

Post by workshop »

I've found a better way of dealing with this.
Not perfect, but functional.

I've done away with all the other rubbish (g'cal provider, etc) simply made use of the CalDAV protocol provided by google.

For a quick & easy use/work-around, get your Calendar ID (Google Cals > Select Calendar drop-down > Calendar Settings) & substitute $CalID:
https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/$CalID/events

The only issue I'm having atm is that some events can't be dismissed.
This has been a long-running issue (a few years now, by my reckoning), and the fact that is has not been addressed in all this time leads me to place the blame at the feet of both parties - Google for not dotting *all* the i's & cross the t's according to the RFC spec & Mozilla for not just being able to deal with it in a grown-up fashion (the world not *perfect* - live with it!)

I can create, modify & sync events fine bi-directionally, but I've had to disable the notification option on the client connections to not get *persistently* hit up with this long-standing bug. (funny that OS/X iCal is not suffering the same issue, right?...)
I have numerous Android devices, so I'll get my notifications that way, or via email.
ceyotoo

Post by ceyotoo »

The following worked for me with Google Calendars that would not dismiss:

Tools > Options
Calendar tab
Reminders sub-tab
Where is says, "When a Reminder is Due:", un-check "Show missed reminders"
Hit OK

Now the missed reminders that wouldn't dismiss should go away.
lromel

Post by lromel »

You the man. Unchecking the reminders worked for me to.

Thank you
dtcz

Post by dtcz »

This seems to happen only when I set up the calendar in tbird with the ical link from google for the calendar associated directly with my main gmail account. If I create another calendar (still just private to me) and move the offending calendar event (that had a popup reminder in the past) to the second calendar, the persistent reminder goes away.

Unchecking 'missed reminders' isn't desirable since I'd like to know about missed events (at least ones within a certain amount of time usually).