Can't dismiss reminder in lightning

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
gwfong

Re: Can't dismiss reminder in lightning

Post by gwfong »

Me too.

Hope this helps...
TB 2.0.0.19, Lightning 0.9
My calendar is in ICS format.
Experimental cache disabled (was never enabled)
I don't have any calendar providers or whatnot.
My calendar entries were initially provided by FinchSync from my WM6/Outlook phone
gwfong

Post by gwfong »

Wow. I unchecked the "read only" property of my calendar and now I can dismiss the reminders. Could it be that simple? I understand that others posted weren't read only as well. So maybe this is a red herring.
ssitter

Post by ssitter »

gwfong wrote:Wow. I unchecked the "read only" property of my calendar and now I can dismiss the reminders. Could it be that simple? I understand that others posted weren't read only as well. So maybe this is a red herring.

Yes. Currently you need write access to modify the event/task and its reminder. This topic is reported as Bug 356002 to the Lightning developers. Maybe a future release will change that behavior.
jlaubza

Post by jlaubza »

I have found this thread helpful. I had a problem of a deleted single event entry in Lightning v0.9 that would not clear out of the calendar.

Having deleted it, I got an error message and it stayed visible. However, when I visited my Google Calendar (which is synched via google provider v 5), the entry had been cleared from Google Cal and also from my Sunbird Cal.

I have been using the experimental cache and reload my entries to Google when I enter them into Lightning.

I switched off the experimental cache and restarted and the entry had deleted.

I then switched on the experimental cache and Lightning hung. I restarted, same problem. I restarted a third time and left it alone for a few minutes and it then displayed all my entries but the stubborn entry has definitely been wiped. Problem solved!
ivotron

Post by ivotron »

Can someone please tell me if this issue affects also to T3b2/Lightning-1.0pre/GData-0.6pre ? I have both read-only and cached options unchecked but I keep getting reminders for events that already passed, no matter if I dismiss them all or one by one

I'd really appreciate your help since it's annoying, I really want to have reminders shown correctly by TB

Cheers
ivotron

Post by ivotron »

Funny thing... If I check the 'Cache' option, everything works as expected.
Jakobkraft

Post by Jakobkraft »

ivotron wrote:Funny thing... If I check the 'Cache' option, everything works as expected.

Me too!
Using all the latest nightlies, and was really getting fed up with the constant popups but checking the 'cache' setting seems to have cleared it up.

I think I'll stop updating my nightlies for awhile, leave the cache setting checked, and wait until the final release:)
ssitter

Post by ssitter »

Keep in mind that the cache feature is broken in 1.0pre nightly test builds, at least if you have more than one cached calendar. As the result you'll see duplicated entries, entries for the wrong calendar, etc.
ivotron

Post by ivotron »

Thanks ssiter, in my case I only use one calendar. I haven't noted anything wrong yet but I'll be alert.
omegaton

Post by omegaton »

Me too.

XPSP3, Lightning 9, Thunderbird 2, Provider 0.5.1

Can't dismiss reminders. Only way to solve I have found is to delete event and re-enter w/o reminder, or with different reminder.

Before Provider, we used GCal daemon. It was tricky to install (for a non-techie), but never had this problem.

Also can't add reminders to events, whether event was created in Lightning or directly in GCal.

Happens on both primary and secondary calendars.

I think I have seen contradictory posts regarding the effect of enabling/disabling "cache" and "read only." I am confused. Could someone set me straight on which settings to use? For a second I thought that the reminder problem had something to do with whether I was simultaneously logged into GCal in a separate application (Firefox), but that seems not to be the case. I'm guessing that what really happened was I hit the magic combination of settings by accident.
rmbrme

Post by rmbrme »

Here is a new twist. I have had several google calendars linked to lightning via provider for google calendar for a long time and all was working fine, until I just linked to the new yahoo calendar. Had the same issue as all discussion here, turned off alarm on event for Yahoo calendar and all is fine.

Thurnderbird 2.0.0.21
Provider for google calendar 0.5.1
rmbrme

Post by rmbrme »

Ok, all was fine until just now and it happened again; will continue to watch the situation...
gerbot

Post by gerbot »

I just wanted to add the me too ;)
Vista

Thunderbird version 2.0.0.21

Lightning 0.9

Provider for Google calendar 0.5.1

I can't dismiss or snooze any events now.
I have the delete then in the calendar :?
fistrock

Post by fistrock »

I think the problem might be with Google... I made sure tb was closed on both of my computers and went to Google's web-based calendar. The problem entries had a reminder that I cannot seem to get rid of. I click "remove" and then save and it seems fine, but when I go back into the event details, it's back.
wetnun

Post by wetnun »

I'm using Sunbird and had the same issue. I'm on Ubuntu 9.04 with Sunbird 0.9 and I cheated. So I opened my SQLite3 DB directly after installing the SQLite3 GUI.

~/.mozilla/sunbird/5w8i9ahv.default$ sqlitebrowser storage.sdb

After a few seconds of browsing around I found that it was keeping my .ics files in my tmp directory for the offending events (which weren't even listed in the events table anymore). So to fix it I opened the "cal_calendars" and deleted the rows that went to offending events. Then I closed the GUI (it creates a lock file and you can't have Sunbird and the GUI open at once) and deleted the .ics files from /tmp and restarted Sunbird and the reminders were gone.

It seems like a stupid hack to have to do this but it doesn't happen that often. :D

You can find SQLite tools for whatever OS you're using here: http://www.sqlite.org/download.html