Single tap clear Firefox private data history cookies cache

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
c627627

Single tap clear Firefox private data history cookies cache

Post by c627627 »

There are plenty of desktop browser cleaners which clear Firefox's private data history / cookies / cache with just a single click if you add the /AUTO shortcut to them, for example CCleaner:
"C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /AUTO

But I cannot find any Android app which can do that.
Firefox mobile itself can be actually set to Clear private data on exit, which auto executes after you select Quit in the Mobile menu.

Is there a mobile add-on which can place custom command buttons (such as Quit) to Firefox Mobile's main window so that it can always be executed with a single Tap?
If not, is there an Android app that clears Firefox Mobile's private data with a single tap?
Open the pod bay doors, Cortana.
tonyjohn29

Re: Single tap clear Firefox private data history cookies ca

Post by tonyjohn29 »

I am also looking for an answer to this questions. There are several apps for desktop.

But there should be an android app also for this.
Tony John
kbrosnan

Post by kbrosnan »

The best you can get is two taps and maybe a scroll depending on how much of the menu shows on your phone.

* 3 dot menu
* Privacy
* check 'Clear private data on exit'

Enabling that setting will give you

* 3 dot menu
* maybe scroll to reveal quit
* select quit
chaanakya

Post by chaanakya »

Related question: I've tried getting Firefox for Android to always use private browsing. The way you can do it on desktop is by setting browser.privatebrowsing.autostart to true in about:config. That setting does nothing in the Android version though - I've already set it to true and it still stores history. How do you force it to always start in private browsing mode?