MozillaZine

Anybody having issues with Firefox for Android hanging.

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
Baldape

Post Posted February 10th, 2019, 2:56 pm

Firefox for Android hangs about half the time when I clear data on I exit of the browser.
Is anyone else experiencing this issue? :?:

DanRaisch

Post Posted February 10th, 2019, 3:23 pm

Moving to Mobile forum where Android and iOS versions of Firefox are discussed.

Brummelchen

Post Posted February 11th, 2019, 2:11 am

Which device, android and security software?
users using outdated and vulnerable software probably never will get an answer from me - sticked with the past? stay alone.

Baldape

Post Posted February 11th, 2019, 2:12 pm

Brummelchen wrote:Which device, android and security software?
Samsung Galaxy S8, Android version 8.0.0 and security NoScript extension, Avast free version (with web shields disabled) Mlawrebytes free version.

f1jim

Post Posted March 16th, 2019, 12:46 pm

The problems are severe when using Android Q beta and any available versions of Firefox. The standard Firefox for android will just shut down immediately. The nightly as of yesterday will load but is unable to send the confirm to synch to get your bookmarks, passwords, etc. It was so bad I had to reload Android Pie.
f1jim

Baldape

Post Posted March 16th, 2019, 2:08 pm

f1jim wrote:The problems are severe when using Android Q beta and any available versions of Firefox. The standard Firefox for android will just shut down immediately. The nightly as of yesterday will load but is unable to send the confirm to synch to get your bookmarks, passwords, etc. It was so bad I had to reload Android Pie.
f1jim
Well I'm using Android version 8 and I'm having issues with the standard version of Firefox for Android. And I tried to uninstall and reinstall Firefox and I'm still having issues, and if Firefox completely hangs then one way I found to fix it is to go Firefox settings and clear private data.

Return to Mobile