Make font/text larger in Firefox on my Android tablet

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
freedda

Make font/text larger in Firefox on my Android tablet

Post by freedda »

I just started using Firefox as a browser on my Android tablet (smaller, 7 inch screen). Up to this point I've been using Chrome for many years, but with the last update, it has slowed down to a crawl for some reason.

What I'd like to know, is there any way to make the defalut font / text size in Firefox larger? In Chrome there's a silder to make the font a certain percentage larger or smaller than the default (say 30% or 150%), but I can not find a similar function or feature in FF.

In Settings > Accessibility, I checked 'Force override so you can zoom any page,' but I don't really know what that means, or if it will allow me to have larger text, and I don't know how to even 'zoom' a page to begin with.

So, any suggestions or tips, or does this feature even exist in FF for Android? I could not find it if it does.

Best, D.
dfoulkes

Re: Make font/text larger in Firefox on my Android tablet

Post by dfoulkes »

I don't use this addon for my tablet (same size as yours) but I do use it in here..see how it goes.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... uint-plus/
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
freedda

Re: Make font/text larger in Firefox on my Android tablet

Post by freedda »

Thanks. I did change setting so FF uses my tablet's default font (and size) so things are a bit larger, but I'll have to see if I can add the addon to my tablet. I'm think that being able to change font size in a browser should be a standard feature, but that's just me.