MozillaZine

Firefox Mobile's new Tablet Interface

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
br3ntos

Post Posted December 22nd, 2011, 4:34 am

Does the new tablet interface have any requirements for it to show? I'm not seeing it on an HP TouchPad with Android 2.3.7. (CM7 Alpha 3.5) I tried a fresh install and cleared the apps data with no luck.

http://i.imgur.com/yDT6T.png
Last edited by DanRaisch on December 22nd, 2011, 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image tags removed to restore page formatting.

br3ntos

Post Posted December 22nd, 2011, 12:41 pm

From someone on #mobile | irc.mozilla.org:

"Basically, the XUL Fennec "honeycomb" theme and tablet layout are enabled only on Android 3.x (Honeycomb) devices"

Wernt, wernt. ICS will eventually be available for the TouchPad. ;)

mbrubeck

Post Posted December 27th, 2011, 11:45 am

If you'd like, you can enable the tablet theme in about:config by setting "browser.ui.layout.tablet"="1" and "general.skins.selectedSkin"="honeycomb/1.0". You will probably need to add a new string pref for general.skins.selectedSkin, and you'll need to restart Firefox after changing the skin, to get the UI to look right again.

br3ntos

Post Posted December 27th, 2011, 4:49 pm

mbrubeck wrote:If you'd like, you can enable the tablet theme in about:config by setting "browser.ui.layout.tablet"="1" and "general.skins.selectedSkin"="honeycomb/1.0". You will probably need to add a new string pref for general.skins.selectedSkin, and you'll need to restart Firefox after changing the skin, to get the UI to look right again.

That worked! I had to add "general.skins.selectedSkin"="honeycomb/1.0" like you said.

http://i.imgur.com/2649n.png

Thanks mbrubeck!

Return to Mobile