Prevent Firefox on Android from saving browsing history

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
chocolate_redhead

Prevent Firefox on Android from saving browsing history

Post by chocolate_redhead »

'Private mode' isn't optimal because it can't be enabled by default. I looked for browser.privatebrowsing.autostart, but it doesn't exist and places.history.enabled preference can't be found. I don't know what browser.history.allowReplaceState stands for.
How can I get what I want? Many preferences seem to be missing in the mobile version.
Last edited by chocolate_redhead on May 24th, 2015, 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIMPET235

Re: Prevent Firefox on Android from saving browsing history

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to Mobile...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
kbrosnan

Post by kbrosnan »

You can use the 'Clear on exit' option in the settings. This will add a quit menu option that will clear the data on exit. Due to the way Android manages applications providing a private browsing mode by default is not possible. It would result in the browser clearing data when put in the background and Android decided that other apps needed the resources.

We are looking to improve the way tabs are opened to allow opening tabs in private browsing mode by default.
chocolate_redhead

Post by chocolate_redhead »

I now know a solution, set "places.history.enabled" to "false" in about:config.