How to Save an Image in Firefox

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
JamesJoey

How to Save an Image in Firefox

Post by JamesJoey »

I just installed Firefox on my Galaxy tab A.
When i long press an image to save it nothing happens.
All other browsers i've used brings up a menu when i long press an image.

Am i missing something?

James
makaiguy

Re: How to Save an Image in Firefox

Post by makaiguy »

I have a Galaxy Tab A myself. Long pressing on your avatar image in your post brings up a context menu that gives me the option of saving the image. No idea what might be different between yours and mine. I strolled through all the about:config entries containing image and didn't spot any obvious candidates.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
JamesJoey

Post by JamesJoey »

I get the menu when I long press the avatars, here.
However, when I do a web search and tap a thumbnail to open it, long pressing the opened image does nothing.
When I long press the thumbnail I do get the menu.

This is happening with every android browser I've tried, and every search engine I use.
Firefox, Internet and Chrome.

Doesn't seem to occur all the time. But when it does
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Have played around with this just a bit.

Looks like if the image is clickable as a link, you get the link context menu rather than the image context menu.

But I have also found some images that give no context menu at all. Images found via initial google search results produce no context menu in FFox mobile. Here's one such example: https://www.google.com/search?q=purdue+ ... 8JDRHrE%3D

But in FFox desktop one gets the full combined link+image context menu.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers