Firefox iOS Failure to sync

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
markg2

Firefox iOS Failure to sync

Post by markg2 »

I tried the app about 6 months ago couldn't get it to sync with the computer and have again tried the app with similar problems.

It can't be this dificult.

On the desktop I logged in to my account successfully. I then opened the iOS app and logged in successfully. I click on the app's cloud and the grayed out message is that you don't have any other devices connected to the account. However, if you click on my preferences/account it clearly says at the bottom "Mark's Firefox on Mark's PC"--Device Name and suggests you DL the app to sync--which of course I did and which it does not?

Mark
DanRaisch

Re: Firefox iOS Failure to sync

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Mobile.
markg2

Post by markg2 »

Sorry, too cryptic for my little brain.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

It just means that you posted to the regular Firefox forum but your question concerns the version for mobile devices, so it has been moved to the forum where it is more likely to be seen by those able to offer solutions.
markg2

Post by markg2 »

You know, I think this is what happened last time also--no responses (after you moved the thread I also posted on the Mozilla mobile forum). I can only come up with 2 reasons for this: the question is so dumb no one cares to respond or, I'm the only person in the world who has this problem (which is really hard to believe) ;-).

Mark
James

Post by James »

The mobile forum is not so active compared to the desktop Firefox section of forum.

You could post a new thread at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/new/ios as you may get some more eyes and help on this.
kohli

Post by kohli »

1. Use Firefox browser on your PC/Mac to open this link
2. After the installation, a new tab should be opened automatically with Google login form. Please use the same Google account as the one in your mobile apps.
3. After accepting the authorization request, the login page should close itself, and the sync process will start automatically from now on. You can check and confirm the sync status by clicking the “Preferences” button on the add-on management page.
4. After the installation, the first start should look like this, you can click the “Sync” button on the top right corner to enter setup.
5. Here, another Google login page comes up. Please use the same account and accept the authorization request.
6. If you complete the above steps successfully, the sync process will start automatically, and your bookmarks from your PC Firfox browser will show up here.
7. You can also issue search over local synced items
8. The settings tab provides some useful data of your sync status.
markg2

Post by markg2 »

"Use Firefox browser on your PC/Mac to open this link"

Viewing your post using Firefox, 'link' isn't a functional link?
markg2

Post by markg2 »

To a Moderator--

The post by Kohli is clearly worth a shot. However, the link to which he refers (and is the basis of the directions) is not formatted as such in the post. I'm wondering if, with your superior powers, you can see a 'link' address that I do not. Btw, I clicked on kohli's name and the email icon and both returned 'user does not exist'.

Mark
James

Post by James »

Kohli was a spammer and the post was a copy+paste of the text part of https://apollobrowser.wordpress.com/firefox/
markg2

Post by markg2 »

Checked out the link and I see what you mean--his post was not a 'fix' for my problem but a hook to buy an add-on.
ImaldaRahman

Post by ImaldaRahman »

I am facing same problem.
kbrosnan

Post by kbrosnan »

Firefox for iOS uses the Mozilla support forums at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/new/ios . The Mozillazine forums (where you are asking now) are not very active when it comes to mobile related answers