Keyword search on Fennec for Android?

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
dylanemcgregor

Keyword search on Fennec for Android?

Post by dylanemcgregor »

On the desktop I use keyword searches all the time for various things "m address" opens up Google maps to that address, "q ticker" gives me a Yahoo finance quote, etc... Very useful feature that I think would be even more useful on mobile. I thought the first couple of versions of Fennec had this on Maemo, but I haven't been able to find any discussion of it one way or another. Any chance this feature exists but is just hidden? I know I can add searches to the search provider list and get the feature that way, but that isn't as quick and is space limited since on the desktop I think I have at least 20 keyword searches defined.
JanH

Re: Keyword search on Fennec for Android?

Post by JanH »

If you're syncing your bookmarks with your desktop, your keyword searches should work on Android, too (at least for me they do).
Last edited by JanH on April 7th, 2016, 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
dylanemcgregor

Post by dylanemcgregor »

Thanks. I haven't been using Firefox as my primary desktop browser for a little while now, so I never bothered to setup sync. Will give that a try and see if it works. Greatly appreciate the info.
dylanemcgregor

Post by dylanemcgregor »

Took me a day to actually get sync working, but once it finally synced up everything my keyword searches are back! Thanks so much for that, makes using the mobile browser a much better experience.