Mozilla Firefox Developers: Please read!

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
JimInSanDiego

Mozilla Firefox Developers: Please read!

Post by JimInSanDiego »

I have been a happy Mac Firefox user for many years so I anticipated the iOS version. iOS Firefox seems fast & stable but isn't close to being like the desktop experience. Then again, phones and tablets are not full computers. My problem is your choices in the user interface. It is not intuitive, is inconvient at times and makes the user do 2 or 3 taps to accomplish a task which could be done with a single tap.

I do understand that the user's screen real estate is quite small and running any app on a small like an iPhone is difficult. But it seems it was a developer's choice to remove convenience to maximize screen real estate. For example: consider changing to another page. I first have to tap a small box button in the upper right corner then I can choose a page. It is the same 2 taps to delete a page. These actions are at the heart of the user's experience and used over and over. If I am scrolled down the page, I first have to scroll to the top of the page before I can access the 2 tap process. That means if I am reading a news page and want to check the weather, I now have to tap 3 times to accomplish something which could be done in 1 tap. Very inconvenient. Switching and deleting pages are used frequently. Example 2: IfI want to use the page back/forward buttons, I have to first scroll to the top of the page to make the Menu Bar visible. So to go back a page, I need 2 taps when it could be done with one. I know there are other ways to go back a page but this way makes the user do extra work. Accessing Menu Bar buttons is needed frequently.

May I suggest some changes to your interface?
  • Keep the Menu Bar visible at all times.
    Figure out a way to close a page or switch pages using 1 tap.
Other browsers still use a tab bar. I would gladly sacrifice a line of screen real estate for convenience. Remember, I can easily scroll on the page to reveal another line.
late 2014 27" iMac 3.5GHz i7 24 GB RAM, 3T Fusion Drive w/ El Capitan OS X 10.11.3b Yosemite 10.10.5
mid 2012 13" MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz i5 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, El Capitan OS X 10.11.2
iPad Air 64 GB, iOS 9.2b
LIMPET235

Re: Mozilla Firefox Developers: Please read!

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi Jim,
We are not mozilla.com/.org & have no say in what goes into any versions of Firefox.
Please ref; the bottom box on the right. ------------------------------------------------------------------>>>
May I suggest that you go complain to "them?"

Help > Submit feedback.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
JimInSanDiego

Post by JimInSanDiego »

LIMPET235 wrote:Hi Jim,
We are not mozilla.com/.org & have no say in what goes into any versions of Firefox.
Please ref; the bottom box on the right. ------------------------------------------------------------------>>>
May I suggest that you go complain to "them?"

Help > Submit feedback.
Thanks. I was taking a chance someone there read postings here. Thanks for their link,

James
late 2014 27" iMac 3.5GHz i7 24 GB RAM, 3T Fusion Drive w/ El Capitan OS X 10.11.3b Yosemite 10.10.5
mid 2012 13" MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz i5 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, El Capitan OS X 10.11.2
iPad Air 64 GB, iOS 9.2b
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

You're welcome...

Locking to save any spam from getting included.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)