Home page Bookmarks unresponsive

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
dfoulkes

Home page Bookmarks unresponsive

Post by dfoulkes »

Nexus 7 2012

History
Normally I start up Firefox and my home page are my bookmarks. A month ago I would tap on one of those bookmarks and all was dead... all of them were... So I started up Chrome and got to a site... , I was getting connection. Started up Firefox again and it worked... so, I dismissed it as ... a moth/bug in my Firefox :lol:

Just now on the same tablet I started up Firefox and all bookmarks were dead again. Started up Chrome and it worked fine... Started up Firefox... bookmarks dead....

So I did a little more testing. On the home page, I typed in aaa in the search windows... and no response there either... did a number other things... still dead... so, I changed my home page from Bookmarks to Firefox site... everything worked... changed it back so that bookmarks were the home page... still dead. Then I hit the + to create a new tab and bookmarks are displayed there ... all of them worked... closed that tab to get back to my home page bookmarks... all still dead.

I don't want to remove/install Firefox again ... I'll lose my bookmarks... right? ... and no, I don't use sync.

Any ideas here?

EDIT
While ending this post I thought... will it work in Guest session... so I started that up and browsing worked... so I closed that session, Firefox started up and ... now the bookmarks work....

I could have 'not' posted this topic but if anybody has a clue about what is going on .. please post... otherwise this post may help others who discover the same issue... and maybe how to get back to normal running.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
rogereric

Re: Home page Bookmarks unresponsive

Post by rogereric »

dfoulkes wrote:Nexus 7 2012

History
Normally I start up Firefox and my home page are my bookmarks. A month ago I would tap on one of those bookmarks and all was dead... all of them were... So I started up Chrome and got to a site... , I was getting connection. Started up Firefox again and it worked... so, I dismissed it as ... a moth/bug in my Firefox :lol:

Just now on the same tablet I started up Firefox and all bookmarks were dead again. Started up Chrome and it worked fine... Started up Firefox... bookmarks dead....

So I did a little more testing. On the home page, I typed in aaa in the search windows... and no response there either... did a number other things... still dead... so, I changed my home page from Bookmarks to Firefox site... everything worked... changed it back so that bookmarks were the home page... still dead. Then I hit the + to create a new tab and bookmarks are displayed there ... all of them worked... closed that tab to get back to my home page bookmarks... all still dead.

I don't want to remove/install Firefox again ... I'll lose my bookmarks... right? ... and no, I don't use sync.

Any ideas here?

EDIT
While ending this post I thought... will it work in Guest session... so I started that up and browsing worked... so I closed that session, Firefox started up and ... now the bookmarks work....

I could have 'not' posted this topic but if anybody has a clue about what is going on .. please post... otherwise this post may help others who discover the same issue... and maybe how to get back to normal running.
I have tried your method as you mentioned in you post but it didn't work for me!
dfoulkes

Re: Home page Bookmarks unresponsive

Post by dfoulkes »

What device are you using? ... Also, there is an extension for the Mobile Firefox version named Quit ... that extension plus the fact that I've set up my Firefox to clear everything except cookies when I Quit it... may have solved my problem... not entirely sure though ... it has not happened to me since my above post.

And BTW... Since I'm limited to memory on my old device I've also have an app. from the play store that does a pretty good job of cleaning out just... maybe that is helping me...not sure, but if you want the name of that app. just post back here.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!