Minimo 0.007 HPC & FullScreen patches

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
GermanoKern

Minimo 0.007 HPC & FullScreen patches

Post by GermanoKern »

Hi,

After finding out how to make Minimo 0.006 work on an HPC (see my previous post in the HPC petition thread), i finally managed to make 0.007 also work!
Essentially you need another dummy DLL.

I also wrote a little loader app to fix the problem with Minimo not maximizing to full screen (should also work for WM2003 users with VGA screens, just test it and let me know).

If you have an ARM based Device you can download the precompiled files form my Page:

http://www.toradex.com/e/products.html

Go to the Colibri Software Download Section, then WinCE/Colibri_Software/Minimo/
Follow the instructions in the Minimo.txt file.

Let me know if that works for you too.

regards,

Germano Kern

www.toradex.com
Menneisyys

Post by Menneisyys »

Cool! I test it at once on my VGA PL720!
Member of the Pocket PC magazine Board of Experts 2005; supermoderator at the PPC Magazine forum. Check out my PPC articles/tips here.
Menneisyys

Post by Menneisyys »

Sorry, it doesn't seem to work on VGA devices. Everything is the same as with the original version.

Tried in SE/native VGA, with or without the two DLL's, with or without the forced mode patch, starting both EXE's - no success.
Member of the Pocket PC magazine Board of Experts 2005; supermoderator at the PPC Magazine forum. Check out my PPC articles/tips here.
GermanoKern

Post by GermanoKern »

Unfortunately I have no WM2003 Device to test it right now... strange that it doesn't work.
I Tested it on our Colibri Module (WinCe 5.0, "HPC like" device, and it works)

My loader starts Minimo.exe, then waits for a console window to appear(hwndConsole=FindWindow(NULL, L"Console")), minimizes it (ShowWindow(hwndConsole, SW_MINIMIZE)), then waits for the Main Minimo Window (hwndMinimo=FindWindow(L"MozillaUIWindowClass", NULL)) and maximizes it (ShowWindow(hwndMinimo, SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)) .

Maybe the ShowWindow() API does not support this flags on WM2003.

I hope I get a WM2003 Device to test it soon.

Germano Kern

www.toradex.com