[FF Android] Facebook crud in menus

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
Rooker

[FF Android] Facebook crud in menus

Post by Rooker »

The Facebook app has taken it upon itself to add some crud to some of my menus in Firefox for Android (45.0.1). Is there any way to delete those. Specifically, the menu that pops up when you longpress on a link and the app menu where you find settings. You can see them here: https://twitter.com/JMRooker/status/758768671120498689

/edit: It must be something Amazon has done in their latest OS update [Kindle Fire tablet], because now I also have a twitter icon next to the facebook icon in the app menu. Not seeing anything like it Opera or Amazon Silk.
Last edited by Rooker on July 28th, 2016, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanRaisch

Re: [FF Android] Facebook crud in menus

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Mobile.
craigevil

Post by craigevil »

Social media integration

This anti-feature lets social media platforms integrate directly into your browser

social.directories=""
social.whitelist=""
social.manifest.facebook=""
social.remote-install.enabled=false
social.toast-notifications.enabled=false

https://gist.github.com/haasn/69e19fc2fe0e25f3cff5
Raspberry PI 400 Distro: Raspberry Pi OS Base: Debian Sid Kernel: 5.15.26-v8+ aarch64 DE: MATE Ram 4GB
Debian - "If you can't apt install something, it isn't useful or doesn't exist"
My Giant Sources.list
kbrosnan

Post by kbrosnan »

It has nothing to do with the social.* about:config preferences. They don't do anything in Firefox for Android. That button appears when you share an item to an app on your device. Which means that you tapped the dotted less than 'share' button and selected Facebook and then did the same sharing to Twitter.
Rooker

Post by Rooker »

I've never shared anything to Twitter or FB in Firefox with any built-in menus. Right now, it's got Twitter/Bluetooth/Facebook as share options and I've definitely never shared anything to Bluetooth. I didn't even know the tablet had Bluetooth support.

Anyway, I'd really like to get rid of those icons somehow. I've already tapped one once by accident and it annoys me seeing them there. I tried installing the Menu Wizard addon, but it doesn't seem to want to install.