Re order bookmarks

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
jack A

Re order bookmarks

Post by jack A »

New to FFx android. Is it possible to order bookmarks alphabetically, and can I enter sub directories for relevant items ?

Jack A
rsx11m

Re: Re order bookmarks

Post by rsx11m »

Moved to mobile.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Bookmark issues like that have been asked about before... can't order them as we need them to be... kind of a stupid move on Mozillas part... especially with Sync being advertised all the time...I checked the Mobil Add-ons site for something there... could not find anything... so, if you find something, please post here.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
jack A

Post by jack A »

Thank you for the reply.
Hope Mozilla will do something about it and so improve a great app.
albatros44

Post by albatros44 »

waiting, good news
Fanatik Galatasaraylı
DaveLewis

Post by DaveLewis »

Jack A: I haven't found an automatic way to do what you describe in your OP but I use the following method to sequence the mobile bookmarks as I prefer.

I have my desktop copy of Firefox synced with my 2 android devices (phone and tablet). I turned off my phone and tablet. I don't know if turning them off is required for this to work or not. In the desktop Firefox browser I go to Bookmarks->Show All Bookmarks and select the "Mobile Bookmarks" directory. I then manually drag the bookmarks for the mobile device to the sequence I prefer. Possibly using the "Sort by Name" option (RMB) on the Mobile Bookmarks directory will do the alpha sort indicated in the OP. Once all the bookmarks are sequenced as I like I do a manual sync for the desktop browser. I then turn on the mobile devices and after a while they each synced to the sequence that I had created in the desktop browser. One of my android devices has stayed exactly in sequence but the other one has moved a few bookmarks out of sequence a little bit and I can't account for that variation.

I realize that this is kludgy but I've found no other solution to date.