Can't install Add-ons

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
GrapeLivre

Can't install Add-ons

Post by GrapeLivre »

I have the latest Firefox for Android (Samsung Galaxy S6, Marshmallow). I have uBlock Orgin, HTTPS Everywhere, and Decentraeyes. I can't install any other Add-ons. One example is for Self-Destructing Cookies. I get a message: "Blocked Add-on" and that Firefox prevented addons.mozilla.org from asking to install software on my device. It also says "Dismiss" and "Allow". I just click dismiss.

Is there something I can do to fix this? Thank you.
Firefox 57.02 (64 bit). Enabled extensions: HTTPS Everywhere, Decentraleyes, NoSquint Plus, uBlock Orgin, and Theme and Font Size Changer. Windows 8.
JanH

Re: Can't install Add-ons

Post by JanH »

That seems a bit weird, as I've tested installing an add-on on a fresh profile and I didn't got the "Blocked Add-on" prompt for addons.mozilla.org. It appeard only when I tried installing an add-on from some 3rd-party page. In any case, why don't you simply click "Allow" instead of "Dismiss"?
GrapeLivre

Post by GrapeLivre »

JanH wrote:That seems a bit weird, as I've tested installing an add-on on a fresh profile and I didn't got the "Blocked Add-on" prompt for addons.mozilla.org. It appeard only when I tried installing an add-on from some 3rd-party page. In any case, why don't you simply click "Allow" instead of "Dismiss"?
How do I use a new profile on Firefox for Android? Do I uninstall it and reinstall it? I didn't click "Allow." I was afraid it would mess up my phone.
Firefox 57.02 (64 bit). Enabled extensions: HTTPS Everywhere, Decentraleyes, NoSquint Plus, uBlock Orgin, and Theme and Font Size Changer. Windows 8.
JanH

Post by JanH »

If you really want to start over, clearing Firefox's data from Android's app setting is enough - but yes, uninstalling and reinstalling does the trick as well.
GrapeLivre

Post by GrapeLivre »

I cleared the cache, which didn't help. If I reinstall it, how can I keep by bookmarks?