Android Firefox bookmarks

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
MaybeYou

Android Firefox bookmarks

Post by MaybeYou »

Where (what file) does the Android version of Firefox keep its bookmarks?

Is it possible to change the order of the entries?
DanRaisch

Re: Android Firefox bookmarks

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Mobile.
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Open Firefox and then tap the three vertical dots in the top right hand corner which will open the menu where you'll see "Bookmarks" as one of the options.

If nothing appears on screen when you do that, tap the three dots again and then tap Tools ---> Addons. Then tap the three dots once more and then tap "Bookmarks" again.
JanH

Post by JanH »

Bookmarks are stored in /data/data/<package name>/files/mozilla/<profile folder>/browser.db, where <package name> = org.mozilla.firefox for the release version, org.mozilla.firefox_beta for Beta, etc. But unless you're rooted, that file (an SQLite database) is not really accessible (and even if you're are it's probably no fun manually editing it).

Currently, the only supported way is connecting Firefox to a sync account and then managing your bookmarks from desktop Firefox.

There are some plans to finally implement some real bookmark management, but I think they're still in an early stage, so I wouldn't get my hopes up yet. Nevertheless, you might want to follow bug 1329127 and the bugs it depends on to get a notification if any work on that gets underway.
MaybeYou

Post by MaybeYou »

Thank you.
I am rooted.
MaybeYou

Post by MaybeYou »

Thank you.
I am rooted.
I am not sure how I sync it to the desktop.
JanH

Post by JanH »

It's in the settings on both desktop and Android. You just create an account on one device (if you haven't got one already) and then log into it from the other device. Note that this currently doesn't work if you've got a really large amount of bookmarks (> 5000, though it might start behaving wonky somewhat earlier), although that'll change soon.