Firefox Focus for iOS privacy scandal

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
celtic_superhero

Firefox Focus for iOS privacy scandal

Post by celtic_superhero »

http://www.ghacks.net/2017/02/12/firefo ... y-scandal/

Fits somehow to the development since Australis arrived. Mozilla switched focus to less demanding users and have been restructuring therefor their feature set. This is just a logical step "forward" for them.

When greed for influence, money and market share is evolving, then a company has a serious problem. ](*,)
Last edited by Daifne on February 12th, 2017, 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Clarified subject line to reflect what the article is really about
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: Firefox privacy scandal

Post by malliz »

Off you go PM troll
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Scarlettrunner20

Post by Scarlettrunner20 »

That's a very disturbing article. Just reinforces my decision to never get a Smart phone but just stay with a plain cell phone for those times I really need one (otherwise use an old fashioned CORDED landline with an unlisted and unpublished number).

The comments at the bottom of the article were quite interesting also. If I ever were to get a Smart phone it would have to be an iphone simply because I already do everything possible on my computer to block Google, GMail idiots, Chrome browser, Facebook and all the other crap so I would never consider a phone running an Android OS.

Why is the person who posted this article from a very worthwhile site a "troll"? He uses Pale Moon? So what? I do also as well as Fx ESR, Vivaldi, SeaMonkey and Opera 12.18.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Maybe users should actually READ Mozilla's Privacy Policies? :-"
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Scarlettrunner20 wrote: Why is the person who posted this article from a very worthwhile site a "troll"?
His reputation precedes this thread.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
Daifne

Re: Firefox for iOS privacy scandal

Post by Daifne »

It would be a scandal if it wasn't mentioned and there was no way to opt out. Neither of those conditions apply. It's right there in the options. Click bait headline for a silly article.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
celtic_superhero

Re: Firefox Focus for iOS privacy scandal

Sorry Malliz i do not use Pale Moon. I have switched to Safari and settled with Otter. So no i am no troll. I just have been thinking that that article is of interest.

And Malliz your bait post on Ghacks was pretty useless :P
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

The main problem here is why Mozilla not using its own telemetry system... [-X
as for now more and more looks like Mozilla steadily forgetting its own "no-data-ping" policy and principles from old times... ](*,)
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

celtic_superhero wrote:Sorry Malliz i do not use Pale Moon. I have switched to Safari and settled with Otter.
Then why are you here :---)
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Daifne wrote:It would be a scandal if it wasn't mentioned and there was no way to opt out. Neither of those conditions apply. It's right there in the options. Click bait headline for a silly article.
Something that particular author is well known for. We have had his "wow look at this" rhubarb linked to in various scare posts before
"Terry Pratchett"
celtic_superhero

malliz wrote:
celtic_superhero wrote:Sorry Malliz i do not use Pale Moon. I have switched to Safari and settled with Otter.
Then why are you here :---)
I have not seen a sign which forbids ex-Firefox users to post here.

And the only thing supportive of PM which I wrote was that dumping Gecko would be better - same for SeaMonkey.

That was not a bad suggestion as QT would be able to offer both a more secure future.

Also you can't draw the conclusion that one is supporting something when one is just mentioning a certain term.

If you want to make sure a certain range of topics are forbidden make an announcement when one is simply entering Mozillazine. That simple. That this is a banning and topic lock reason. Should not be that complicated to show such a warning at forum entry.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

The real question is "Why post an article with less than valid assumptions and uncertain intentions on the part of the author?" If it's just that those facts weren't clear to you when you posted the link, admit to that and let's move on. If the point was to denigrate Firefox Focus, be up front about that and we can move on. It's our uncertainty about motives that makes questions about a PM user posting on MozillaZine legitimate.
celtic_superhero

I am no Pale Moon user. Not earlier and not in the future. The article looked important so I posted the link. If not in the correct section, I am sorry.

Anyway - I still see no reason that I get humiliated with being called out in a way which is not the case. In our all best interest I hope that stops by now.

After that we can move on.