2 Android devices. After sync no bookmarks show?

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
jnepoore

2 Android devices. After sync no bookmarks show?

Post by jnepoore »

I have just put Firefox on 2 Android devices. And older tablet and a newer, 1 or 2 years old, phone. After syncing the bookmarks in neither device are showing. Do you have any clue? Thanks! Jack ":-\\

I should add, I just put Firefox on the devices, 1st run on each. The bookmarks area just shows 3 suggested links under BOOKMARKS

1. Firefox: About your browser
2. Firefox: Customize with Add ons
3. Firefox: Support
JanH

Re: 2 Android devices. After sync no bookmarks show?

Post by JanH »

How many bookmarks do you have? If it's more than 5000, then it currently won't work, although work is underway to fix that within the next few versions.
jnepoore

Post by jnepoore »

JanH wrote:How many bookmarks do you have? If it's more than 5000, then it currently won't work, although work is underway to fix that within the next few versions.

Oh gosh I only have about 86. What in the world would anyone do with 5000 bookmarks? :-k Here's where it stands. I have FF on an Windows 10. It seems to be syncing properly with an XP laptop. I got the the "newer" android phone to do an initial sync. I got the older tablet to so a sync too. So I got brave and changed a bookmark folder to a new location on the W10 and the XP synced but the 2 androids have yet to pick up this new location of a folder. It's been 24 hours. It probably has something to do with maybe signing out of all of them and signing back in? :?: Sometimes just fiddlin' with them makes the comply. You have any thoughts on that? Thanks so much for your time. Jack ":-Dx :D
JanH

Post by JanH »

It depends :), if you accumulate of lot of "I possibly might want to read that again later" over the years, the bookmarks count can go into the thousands. In any case that doesn't seem to be relevant, so the next question to ascertain things is - which Firefox version are you using (both on Desktop and on your phone/tablet)?
jnepoore

Post by jnepoore »

JanH wrote:It depends :), if you accumulate of lot of "I possibly might want to read that again later" over the years, the bookmarks count can go into the thousands. In any case that doesn't seem to be relevant, so the next question to ascertain things is - which Firefox version are you using (both on Desktop and on your phone/tablet)?

JanH I want to thank you so much. I thought somewhere here I posted it resolved itself. I think it's FF that in the past I've found sometimes bookmark changes can happen instantly ... and then some you just have to walk away. Which I did, overnight, and the next morning they were there, up to date. I can't explain but it's happened before over the years. Perhaps the server is only updating in blocks ??? before it moved on. I catch it sometime when I'm in the right area ... other times I have to wait until it comes back around to me ?? I know this is a very layman-esque type of explanation but I have no other at the time. I do appreciate you coming back to help. So often that doesn't happen. Good bizness and thanks again! jack ":-Dx