FF Android: Meteye site not working properly

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
Mr David
Location: RJLH–2.5 pints of beer in 11sec, University College, Oxford, 1955

FF Android: Meteye site not working properly

Post by Mr David »

Australia's Bureau of Meteorology offers a sophisticated web based weather forecasting service called Meteye. The service bundles up a job lot of weather forecasts and presents them in an easy to use GUI. The forecasts it presents are particularly useful for marine activities and water sports.

Here's an example of Meteye zoomed in to one of the national forecast areas:
http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/?loc=VIC_MW005

Note that at the top of the map panel displaying the forecast area there are a number of tiles dividing the day into time blocks of 3 hours each. Tapping on a time tile changes the forecast information displayed in the map panel.

On my recently acquired Android device (Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge) Meteye does not function or load properly in Firefox. That is, the site loads and the forecast area panel fills with map information but forecast information does not load. Nor do the 3 hourly time block tiles appear above the map panel.

I've narrowed down the FF Android issue to the uBlock Origin extension. This extension is installed to FF on my desktop machine too but I am able to use Meteye by whitelisting its site in uBlock Origin. Using an identical set-up for uBlock Origin in FF Android won't permit Meteye to load properly. When uBlock Origin is disabled in FF Android Meteye loads normally.

Apart from viewing Meteye in Google Chrome, any ideas on how I might fix this?
I have learned from my mistakes and I am sure I can repeat them exactly.
Mr David
Location: RJLH–2.5 pints of beer in 11sec, University College, Oxford, 1955

Re: FF Android: Meteye site not working properly

Post by Mr David »

Solved.

After trying different variations of the site's web address to whitelist in uBlock Origin I found something that worked.
I have learned from my mistakes and I am sure I can repeat them exactly.