Need help with bookmarks transfer to mobile.

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
happythach864

Need help with bookmarks transfer to mobile.

Post by happythach864 »

For people who use a main home machine and just want to transfer Bookmarks to various mobile Devices, why is there no way to do that? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the main Bookmark machine will be infested with various crap Bookmarks from all the mobile devices if you use Sync because Firefox only allows syncing both ways.

I have to immediately delete the Firefox sync acct, then create a brand new one, every time, every single time I try to transfer Bookmarks FROM main machine to a mobile device as this is the only way to transfer Bookmarks from my main machine to a mobile device, without having mobile Bookmarks messing up the main Bookmarks stash which needs to be used for multiple mobile devices.

Also, what do you think is the reason why Firefox developers did not include a way for us to know when Syncing is in progress and when it is finished on PC? There is no indicator on PC like there is on Android where it tells you Syncing... and it tells you 'last synced 0 minutes ago' so you know syncing is done.

and the most important question:
I cannot imagine what could possibly be the reason why we are not allowed to just simply save a Firefox Bookmarks file then simply import it into Firefox mobile, directly from a file without using the internet at all!

I mean people have huge, 200GB microSD cards on their Android devices... All their most important files are right there, why can't they just tap and import Bookmarks from a file right into Firefox Mobile? Surely there is reason why we are prevented from doing so, I was just wondering what do you think it is?
Last edited by LIMPET235 on July 25th, 2018, 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: A little bit of Title editing for clarity.
LIMPET235

Re: Need help with bookmarks transfer to mobile.

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving this to the Mobile forum...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)