addons not updating

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
lvm

addons not updating

Post by lvm »

I noticed that firefox won't update addons automatically and they are stuck at ancient versions, there is no manual update button in about:addons either. How am I supposed to update addons?
Ngamer01

Re: addons not updating

Post by Ngamer01 »

lvm wrote:I noticed that firefox won't update addons automatically and they are stuck at ancient versions, there is no manual update button in about:addons either. How am I supposed to update addons?
Addons should automatically update on mobile once-per-day (Firefox must be left open on your device) unless you've disabled the option in about:config or you quit Firefox before the auto-update happens. It maybe is also possible the addons you have actually have no updates at the Firefox Android add-ons site.

You can force an update check of add-ons by entering the value of "0" for "extensions.getAddons.cache.lastUpdate" in about:config. You can also configure how often the auto-update check for add-ons happens in about:config by configuring the value for "extensions.update.interval" as needed (or turning it off by setting this to "0".

Info comes from this Mozilla Discourse thread: https://discourse.mozilla.org/t/firefox ... -ons/12849
lvm

Re: addons not updating

Post by lvm »

Resetting extensions.getAddons.cache.lastUpdate, restarting firefox and waiting for a while helped, thanks. Addons still were not updated automatically but at least a weirdly coloured arrow appeared in the menu next to addons, tapping on which opened the update dialogue. But relying on the firefox running 24h/7 is all wrong: on my phone it is included into the list of restricted apps which are not permitted to run in background - android did it all by itself, but I quite agree with it here.