Doh!

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
TaiSimpson

Doh!

Post by TaiSimpson »

I just got Minimo put on my Dell Axim x50v today once I had upgraded to WM5. In fact, running Minimo one of the biggest reasons to upgrade. Anyway, I brought it up and thought, "Wow. Okay, a real VGA app. Dang those buttons are TINY!!" So I poked around in the settings and found the UI zoom factor. It was have obscured by the side of the box, but it looked like it was set to 1.0 by default. So I changed it to 2.0. That made it even smaller it seemed. So I decided it must have been 10 or 100 originally. I tried 100. Wrong!! Now the UI is so big I can't see anything else. Uninstalled, reinstalled, same problem. So I figure it's stored in the registry or a settings file that didn't get cleaned out with the uninstall.

To make a long story short, after poking around in registry and then further in the file system, I can't find this to reset it. Can anyone tell me where it is stored please so I can reset it? Also, if someone out there is using a VGA device, what settings are you using for the zooms? Thanks.
ce_dev

Post by ce_dev »

It might be these two lines from all.js (default values for 0.012):

pref("browser.display.zoomui",10);
pref("browser.display.zoomcontent",10);
Vic Small

Post by Vic Small »

all.js may work but I normally edit prefs.js (in Windows\Mozilla\Minimo directory).
As ce_dev says the key is pref("browser.display.zoomui",10);

I normally use 18 but note that this doesn't change the arrow sizes, just makes the url text larger.
The Minimo UI isn't currently particulary VGA friendly but this is more than compensated for by the great full VGA browsing experience and multi-tabs.
I normally turn off SSR btw as with a VGA screen it seems to work better without it.
UnLoGiC

Post by UnLoGiC »

Vic Small wrote:I normally turn off SSR btw as with a VGA screen it seems to work better without it.

I have to agree on that one, SSR is seldom needed on VGA devices it just messes up the pages!
mr.prozac

Post by mr.prozac »

Maybe When you clean out the registerkeys for Minimo :P
I didn't tried it my self because i don't have any problems with my iPAQ