0.012 and iPAQ 4700 not working

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
wallaceff

0.012 and iPAQ 4700 not working

Post by wallaceff »

I have and iPAQ 4700 with rom 1.10 update. I think the last build that worked for me was 0.010 (but might have been the version before that). The only wasy I managed to get that build running was using SBP Pocket Plus and booting into 'safe mode' with that program so that all my start up programs etc were disabled. Since that build, I have not managed to get minimo to run. It just sits at the splash screen. I have tried deleting the installed directory as well as the directory in my windows folder (I forget what it was called - Mozilla I think?). All with no luck.
I would be more than happy to test out future builds privately with you if that would help.

I would also be curious to hear from other iPAQ 4700 users if they have 0.012 working.
Vic Small

Post by Vic Small »

Both Minimo .11 and .12 work fine on my 4700(with rom 1.10). I've installed to CF and Filestore,both work ok.
Minimo is very big so it helps to have as much free memory as possible - I usually have about 35MB free of storage + program memory after moving apps to filestore etc.
I don't use spb btw so you could try disabling that temporarily as i believe it takes quite a few resources - the only plugin i have is pocket weather.
Its worth perservering as latest vesions of minimo look very good on our screens :-)
groov

Post by groov »

.12 works fine here on the 1.10 ROM. As the other guy said, try freeing up as much RAM as possible and disable today plug-ins.
With .11 I had to disable my Spb weather plugin but with .12 I can leave it running and still use Minimo.
nzenergy

Minimo working

Post by nzenergy »

After soft resets and deleting program files minimo and windows mozilla directories and re installing it was gold. starts every time.

I have to start Minimo before I start bluetooth and I do have to wait for quite some time to get the bluetooth manager to appear if minimo is running but eventually it shows up.

I have the Storage --> Program bar nearly all the way towards Storage which seems to allocate more MBs under the word Program. Counter intuitive? Anyway this shows 28 MB allocated under storage, 18 free and 96MB allocated under program with 65 free. is this right? is this sufficient? seems to work although i wish it didn't take 5 minutes to get minimo and bluetooth running at the same time

I think I have an hx4700. It is a new zealand telecom pocketPC, i have also seen them called harriers? under device information it says ROM version 1.35 WWE, extROM is 1.35.117 WWE and hardware is 0041. is this an ipaq hx4700? CPU PXA263.
Vic Small

Post by Vic Small »

sounds like you have a HTC Harrier (also sold as Audiovox 6600 and various other names) You have a smart phone, right?
The HP ipaq hx4700 is just a pda so has no phone function but has a bigger screen (VGA 640x480) which makes minimo great for browsing but the ui isn't vga optimised at the moment so you need a very steady hand to hit the buttons, and we also have a similar BT problem.
Sounds like you have easily enough memory, minimo takes approx 10mb to run plus 2mb for each tab.
wallaceff

Post by wallaceff »

Ok. Thanks. Now finally have it working after deletes, installs, manual deletes and installs again.
My problem is that I can't access SLL secure sites. Anyone else with a VGA (480x640) device have this problem too?
Vic Small

Post by Vic Small »

I don't use SSL sites very much but had a quick try with Amazon and ebuyer both of which worked fine, I could login securely (using Https:) and check account details and orders etc..
Hotmail doesn't work for me (just sits and does nothing) but this might be because it is trying to load some java or activex component rather than a SSL problem.

Which sites are you having problems with and I'll see if I can give them a try ?
wallaceff

Post by wallaceff »

try this one and tell me if it loads:
http://www.gmail.com
and also
https://www.anz.com/INETBANK/bankmain.asp

I'd be curious to know how it goes for you.
nzenergy

Post by nzenergy »

gmail.com and anz bank do not work for me with my harrier
Vic Small

Post by Vic Small »

ANZ bank works fine for me. I get a login page with a picture of a family etc.

Gmail doesn't work - I get a page with an XML error as follows:
XML Parsing error: mismatched tag. Expected:<br>
Location https://www.google.com/accounts/Service ... e&rm=false etc

This may well not be a SSL type error as Gmail uses javascript which may cause the problem.
There is a basic HTML version of Gmail (see help at http://gmail.google.com/support/bin/ans ... swer=15049 ) but this relies on detecting the browser type so I am not sure if minimo is being detected and redirected or not. PIE is redirected and goes to the basic login page. You could always use this page with minimo if you can be bothered to type in the huge url..
https://www.google.com/accounts/Service ... he=2&nui=5