[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
spuuunit

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (Customize UI) #2

Post by spuuunit »

Hi again.

I'm trying to modify the new tab tab completely, but the only thing I can manage to do is to hide it, with this code:

Code: Select all

.tabs-newtab-button
{
  visibility: hidden !important;
}

This is how it looks right now without any CSS modifications:

As you can see I also have a problem that the top of the new tab tab becomes slightly blurred, because of my tabs height.

In short: I would like the new tab tab to look exactly like my tabs. Is this possible?
Hank3

Post by Hank3 »

Just upgraded to Windows 8.1 at work and Firefox looks a tad bit different even with Classic Theme Restorer. I no longer see "Curved Tabs Alternative Aero" as an option. How do I get that back? I added the Stylish Add-On to make the tab fonts black, but the open the new tab "+" is still white. Any way to make that black as well?
Aris

Post by Aris »

Switch to "classic tabs v2", they are implemented differently without fixed border images.
spuuunit

Post by spuuunit »

That messes up my style completely: =(

There isn't any magic CSS code I could use with classic tabs v2?
Aris

Post by Aris »

Hank3 wrote:Just upgraded to Windows 8.1 at work and Firefox looks a tad bit different even with Classic Theme Restorer. I no longer see "Curved Tabs Alternative Aero" as an option. How do I get that back? I added the Stylish Add-On to make the tab fonts black, but the open the new tab "+" is still white. Any way to make that black as well?

"Curved Tabs Alternative Aero" is only availabe on Windows Vista and 7, but why not try "Tabs -> Curved tabs (alternative)" + "Toolbars (1) -> Blue Aero Colors..."?

Firefox uses a white "+" sign, if your OS window colors are dark or a dark lw-theme is used. This should override the white +.

#TabsToolbar[brighttext] .tabs-newtab-button {
  list-style-image: url(chrome://browser/skin/tabbrowser/newtab.png) !important;
}

spuuunit wrote:That messes up my style completely: =(
http://spunit.cf/x/32321321321.png

There isn't any magic CSS code I could use with classic tabs v2?

I meant "squared tabs v2", not "tabs not on top v2". ;-)

Anyway this code should fix the problem for squared tabs v1:

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
* .tabs-newtab-button:not(:-moz-lwtheme){
  border-width: 5px 3px 6px !important;
  border-image: url(chrome://classic_theme_restorer/content/images/tab.png) 5 3 6 fill repeat round !important;
}
kukla

Post by kukla »

(Mac) Not seeing if this new behavior that apparently arrived with the 1.3.1 update (which perhaps some may find useful, but which I find annoying) has been addressed anywhere: A mouse hover, no click required, on either the back or forward button is now automatically showing the dropdown history menu, obscuring part of the screen. With the previous version, this would only show from a right-click. How can this unwanted behavior be disabled and returned to the dropdown history showing only from a right click?
Aris

Post by Aris »

This was not intended.

Check this build:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a5kceasmxjbhbj6/CTR_v1.3.1v3.xpi?dl=0
Last edited by Aris on April 28th, 2015, 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
spuuunit

Post by spuuunit »

Aris wrote:Anyway this code should fix the problem for squared tabs v1:

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
* .tabs-newtab-button:not(:-moz-lwtheme){
  border-width: 5px 3px 6px !important;
  border-image: url(chrome://classic_theme_restorer/content/images/tab.png) 5 3 6 fill repeat round !important;
}

Thanks! This seems to be a solution! However, when I implement the same background as for the tabs, the background starts 2 px down, like so:

Is there any way to push this background 2 px up?

EDIT: No worries, I just needed to change the image a bit.
Aris

Post by Aris »

spuuunit wrote:...
Thanks! This seems to be a solution! However, when I implement the same background as for the tabs, the background starts 2 px down, like so:

Is there any way to push this background 2 px up?

EDIT: No worries, I just needed to change the image a bit.

CTRs color settings for "new tab" tab do no cause such glitches for me. How are you "implementing tab background colors"?
spuuunit

Post by spuuunit »

Aris wrote:CTRs color settings for "new tab" tab do no cause such glitches for me. How are you "implementing tab background colors"?

Sorry, my image had a blue line at the top, but it's all good now. Thanks for the help! =)

However I have 2 more questions:

The style won't stick after a Firefox restart... How can this be fixed?
And, how do I change the background if I hover over it?
kukla

Post by kukla »

Aris wrote:This was not intended.

Check this build:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a5kceasmxjbhbj6/CTR_v1.3.1v3.xpi?dl=0

Fixed, thank you.
Aris

Post by Aris »

@spuuunit

Why don't you use CTRs tab color settings?

Styles require /*AGENT_SHEET*/ and higher style levels to override CTRs css permanently. See op (first post of this thread).

Hover: http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/sel_hover.asp
Last edited by Aris on April 28th, 2015, 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
kukla

Post by kukla »

duplicate
Last edited by kukla on April 28th, 2015, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hank3

Post by Hank3 »

Aris wrote:
Hank3 wrote:Just upgraded to Windows 8.1 at work and Firefox looks a tad bit different even with Classic Theme Restorer. I no longer see "Curved Tabs Alternative Aero" as an option. How do I get that back? I added the Stylish Add-On to make the tab fonts black, but the open the new tab "+" is still white. Any way to make that black as well?

"Curved Tabs Alternative Aero" is only availabe on Windows Vista and 7, but why not try "Tabs -> Curved tabs (alternative)" + "Toolbars (1) -> Blue Aero Colors..."?

Firefox uses a white "+" sign, if your OS window colors are dark or a dark lw-theme is used. This should override the white +.

#TabsToolbar[brighttext] .tabs-newtab-button {
  list-style-image: url(chrome://browser/skin/tabbrowser/newtab.png) !important;
}

Thank you for the explanation. I got it looking mostly the same now with adding the code in Stylish. The "+" is now black. Thanks! And I think you meant "Toolbars (2) for the Blue Aero Colors. It's not in "Toolbars (1)." :wink:

Curved Tabs (alternative) is almost the same as (alternative aero). There's a bigger gap from where the tabs begin on the left side of the screen, but not a biggie :)
Aris

Post by Aris »

You are right, I meant Toolbars (2).

"Curved Tabs Alternative Aero" was an experiment with fixed images for Aero blue Windows appearance, while "Curved Tabs (alternative)" is more general and available for all OS and OS colors.