[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by Aris »

WildcatRay wrote:...
I want to say that this has been this way for quite some time if not since we have had to undo all the #$%&*@&%# changes that Australis forced upon us. I have attributed it to how the browser handled having the function in the toolbar instead of in the location bar. That is that Firefox only applies the function to the "button" in the location bar, thus the only way to have the function with the toolbar button, it has to happen when the browser (re)starts after the button is put on the toolbar. But, I could be wrong. 8-[

You are right, there was an "issue" since the beginning. If reload button was dragged to a toolbar for the first time, it only worked after a restart. Entering/leaving customizing mode did not change that until a few Nightly builds ago. The fix in 1.5.2 beta 2 also resolves the other issue.
spocko wrote:Thanks Aris!

Quick question on this:
Aris wrote:(2) Use this code to decolorize both buttons:

Code: Select all

#ctraddon_ctr-button,
#ctraddon_restart-button {
  filter: grayscale(100%) contrast(60%);
}
Adding that to userChrome.css works great for the buttons that can be put into the main panel menu via customize mode. It doesn't change the appearance of the button that can be put at the bottom of the main panel menu via the "Button in main panel menu" option in CTR. It there any way to change that guy? Not a big deal, just thought I'd ask.

Thanks!
Add #ctraddon_PanelUI-CTR-button to the above list.
usernameistooshort

Post by usernameistooshort »

FF47 (Win10 & Linux). Something strange with tab, they get a bit smaller (only if CTR is active):

Bug?
spocko

Post by spocko »

Aris wrote: Add #ctraddon_PanelUI-CTR-button to the above list.
Perfect, thanks!
Aris

Post by Aris »

usernameistooshort wrote:FF47 (Win10 & Linux). Something strange with tab, they get a bit smaller (only if CTR is active):
http://imgur.com/YRYoVzV

Bug?
CTR offers different tab variations and squared smaller tabs are active by default. If you need the bigger curved ones Firefox provides by default, you can select them on CTRs preference window in "Tabs (1)" category.
usernameistooshort

Aris wrote: CTR offers different tab variations and squared smaller tabs are active by default. If you need the bigger curved ones Firefox provides by default, you can select them on CTRs preference window in "Tabs (1)" category.
Thing is all tabs from Tabs(1) category are smaller now even default one

Edit: Sorry, Linux version is fine. Small gap between tabs and OS titlebar is by design
Aris

Post by Aris »

Setup Portable Firefox (or create an new Firefox profile) and only install the latest CTR beta. Then test/compare.

Looks like this for me (no difference between Fx46 and 47 on Windows 10):

Fx46/47

Fx46/47 + lw theme
plazmafire

Post by plazmafire »

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how to get the right click menu to have text instead of the silly icons? Specifically I'd like a 'Bookmark This Page' option in the right-click menu.

I'm on Firefox 40.0.3, and the latest version of CTR.

I can't seem to find the controls for it. Everything I find with a google search shows an older version of CTR.

Thanks.
share666

Post by share666 »

I have FF 46 and CTR 1.5.1. I have turned on the "Star" in Location (1). Whenever I try to create a bookmark I now receive a dialog regarding whether I want to remove the bookmark or if I am done. This did not used to be that way. I am wondering if some obscure setting in config may have gotten changed. Any thoughts? Thanks.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

plazmafire wrote:Hello, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how to get the right click menu to have text instead of the silly icons? Specifically I'd like a 'Bookmark This Page' option in the right-click menu.

I'm on Firefox 40.0.3, and the latest version of CTR.

I can't seem to find the controls for it. Everything I find with a google search shows an older version of CTR.

Thanks.
Go to CTR Options> General UI (1)>Page context menu: replace icons with labels (back, forward...) and check it. (Unchecking this option will keep the symbols instead of labels.)
Last edited by WildcatRay on May 6th, 2016, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Aris

Post by Aris »

share666 wrote:I have FF 46 and CTR 1.5.1. I have turned on the "Star" in Location (1). Whenever I try to create a bookmark I now receive a dialog regarding whether I want to remove the bookmark or if I am done. This did not used to be that way. I am wondering if some obscure setting in config may have gotten changed. Any thoughts? Thanks.
General UI (2) > Bookmarks star: hide popup (if page is not bookmarked)
On some systems this option causes tiny glitches where the popup is visible for 0,1 sec.
usernameistooshort

Aris wrote:Setup Portable Firefox (or create an new Firefox profile) and only install the latest CTR beta. Then test/compare.
Yep, it works fine on clean profile. Looks like it's about one setting: ctabheight. (I know, there is a warning about possible glitches). On FF47 it works a bit different and cause a gap between tab and titlebar if height < 31 or something (Works fine in FF46).

Sorry for inaccurate report
Deckah

Post by Deckah »

I searched before posting this and couldn't find much.

I'm having an issue with some border thing just below my tabs.
I currently use FF v28 and just made the switch to FF v43.

I tried to alter the tabs around with user styles and wasn't able to pinpoint what exactly it was.
http://i.imgur.com/VLs2joe.jpg

& with Classic Theme Restorer disabled.
http://i.imgur.com/S0BH0Uu.jpg

The only other tab altering plugin I use is tab mix plus.
I use it to add rows and tab width. Using colors in CTR.
Last edited by Daifne on May 7th, 2016, 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removed img tags. Size of image breaking forum format.
Aris

Post by Aris »

usernameistooshort wrote:
Aris wrote:Setup Portable Firefox (or create an new Firefox profile) and only install the latest CTR beta. Then test/compare.
Yep, it works fine on clean profile. Looks like it's about one setting: ctabheight. (I know, there is a warning about possible glitches). On FF47 it works a bit different and cause a gap between tab and titlebar if height < 31 or something (Works fine in FF46).

Sorry for inaccurate report
They did some (litle changes) to titlebar and tabs toolbar on Windows 10 (more specifically to the height of min/max/close buttons). Wondering, if that is what makes the difference.
Deckah wrote:I searched before posting this and couldn't find much.

I'm having an issue with some border thing just below my tabs.
I currently use FF v28 and just made the switch to FF v43.

I tried to alter the tabs around with user styles and wasn't able to pinpoint what exactly it was.
http://i.imgur.com/VLs2joe.jpg

& with Classic Theme Restorer disabled.
http://i.imgur.com/S0BH0Uu.jpg

The only other tab altering plugin I use is tab mix plus.
I use it to add rows and tab width. Using colors in CTR.
If you are using TabMixPlus, you have to disable its tab colorizing features and use the ones CTR provides. TMP in Fx29+ only styles "curved" default tabs, not the squared ones CTR provides.
plazmafire

Post by plazmafire »

WildcatRay wrote:Go to CTR Options> General UI (1)>Page context menu: replace icons with labels (back, forward...) and check it. (Unchecking this option will keep the symbols instead of labels.)
I may be going blind, but I can't find this anywhere.

Here is a screen shot of General UI (1) as it is...

Last edited by James on May 6th, 2016, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: made as a large thumbnail to full 1,920px x 1,080px image as it was far too big for img tags.
Aris

Post by Aris »

You are using a third party Firefox theme (which one?). That option (and many others) are only available for default theme and lw-themes.

The bottom text on CTRs prefwindow and the missing icons for "extensions" and "appearance" in your add-ons manager indicate a third party theme too.