[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Acid Crash

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by Acid Crash »

Hi Aris,
Just want to inform you that new option from
Toolbars (2) > Findbar > custom width for findbox
currently isn't compatible with Findbar Tweak addon

Just tested and it works only when disabling Findbar Tweak.
Don't know though if this needs fixing
diderot

Post by diderot »

Hi, Aris.

I have been encountering this problem with pop-up windows and the navigation bar recently--the top of the window is missing and the titlebar and navigation bar are merged together. OSX Mavericks, FX 49.0.1, both the latest stable version and beta of CTR.

Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

After updating Classic Theme Restorer 1.5.8beta1 I get my settings of Addon manager and its hove and Options changed to Alternative appearance, is it intended?
Also underlining new options is probably broken in this version as it didn't underline new option like

Code: Select all

[new option(s)]
- Toolbars (2) > Findbar > custom width for findbox
also next THEY CHANGED SOMETHING AGAIN :vamp:
as bookmarks submenus are broken again, no borders and different color
http://i.imgur.com/I7BkFKO.png

Maybe it's due to Bug 1304341 or Bug 1302950 or other...
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
Aris

Post by Aris »

WildcatRay wrote:(Posted for information purposes.) I just had an interesting occurrence with Firefox 49.0.1 and CTR 1.5.7 on Win10AU (1607).

When I would minimize Fx from maximized, there would be a momentary flash or flicker of Fx maximized before remaining minimized to the Taskbar. I had seen this once or twice previously and a simple restart of Fx seemed to take care of it, but not last night.

I restarted Fx in Safe Mode and the flicker went away. I exited and restarted Fx. Flicker was, again, present.

I forget the exact steps and sequence I took, but I think I disabled CTR and the flicker went away, but returned when I enabled CTR, again. I reset CTR to its default settings. This is where I am most unsure of what I did and when things cleared up, after making sure that no other add-on was conflicting with CTR and/or causing the flicker, the flicker did not recur. This included reselecting my personal CTR sets from the add-on's defaults.

What my memory is not clear on is at what specific step the flicker stopped occurring. What I can say is that, so far, it is not happening, which is a good thing. And, AFAICT, it has not happened on any of the Win7 systems.

It would be interesting to see if anyone else has a similar experience.
Not happened here yet on my Win10 systems.
Wondering what in CTR could probably cause this. Most likely rendering some css was not done properly by Firefox when switching between modes, because maximizing, minimizing etc. causes Firefox to "repaint" the window. If this happens again and you find the CTR preference responsible for this, let me know.
Acid Crash wrote:Hi Aris,
Just want to inform you that new option from
Toolbars (2) > Findbar > custom width for findbox
currently isn't compatible with Findbar Tweak addon

Just tested and it works only when disabling Findbar Tweak.
Don't know though if this needs fixing
Will be fixed on next update.
diderot wrote:Hi, Aris.

I have been encountering this problem with pop-up windows and the navigation bar recently--the top of the window is missing and the titlebar and navigation bar are merged together. OSX Mavericks, FX 49.0.1, both the latest stable version and beta of CTR.

http://i.imgur.com/lUL4zX7.png

Could you provide full url to the page this happens on and tell me which link(s) you clicked to open that popup?
Do you have CTRs "tabs not on top" options or "hide tabs toolbar with one visible tab" option enabled?
Virtual_ManPL wrote:(1)After updating Classic Theme Restorer 1.5.8beta1 I get my settings of Addon manager and its hove and Options changed to Alternative appearance, is it intended?

(2) Also underlining new options is probably broken in this version as it didn't underline new option like

[new option(s)]
(3)also next THEY CHANGED SOMETHING AGAIN :vamp:

1. It is intended. CTRs alternative appearance of preferences page and add-ons page is now active by default.

2. The CTR option only adds underlining to options, that can be accessed in the current Firefox version for the first time (something, that was added for Firefox XX, only gets underlined in Firefox XX). That way users who update from one Firefox version to the next one can see, what CTR offers for that particular Firefox version (and newer versions). Options, that do work with all Firefox versions the current CTR build supports, are not underlined or highlighted.

3. This will be fixed on next build. (So they changed those variables for Firefox 51 a few weeks ago and changing them again now just one browser version later? Someone was bored again, I guess. :mrgreen:)
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Aris wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:(Posted for information purposes.) I just had an interesting occurrence with Firefox 49.0.1 and CTR 1.5.7 on Win10AU (1607).

When I would minimize Fx from maximized, there would be a momentary flash or flicker of Fx maximized before remaining minimized to the Taskbar. I had seen this once or twice previously and a simple restart of Fx seemed to take care of it, but not last night.

I restarted Fx in Safe Mode and the flicker went away. I exited and restarted Fx. Flicker was, again, present.

I forget the exact steps and sequence I took, but I think I disabled CTR and the flicker went away, but returned when I enabled CTR, again. I reset CTR to its default settings. This is where I am most unsure of what I did and when things cleared up, after making sure that no other add-on was conflicting with CTR and/or causing the flicker, the flicker did not recur. This included reselecting my personal CTR sets from the add-on's defaults.

What my memory is not clear on is at what specific step the flicker stopped occurring. What I can say is that, so far, it is not happening, which is a good thing. And, AFAICT, it has not happened on any of the Win7 systems.

It would be interesting to see if anyone else has a similar experience.
Not happened here yet on my Win10 systems.
Wondering what in CTR could probably cause this. Most likely rendering some css was not done properly by Firefox when switching between modes, because maximizing, minimizing etc. causes Firefox to "repaint" the window. If this happens again and you find the CTR preference responsible for this, let me know.
I have yet to see this flicker return, but will let you know if I find anything or it recurs.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
diderot

Post by diderot »

diderot wrote:Hi, Aris.

http://i.imgur.com/lUL4zX7.png

Could you provide full url to the page this happens on and tell me which link(s) you clicked to open that popup?
Do you have CTRs "tabs not on top" options or "hide tabs toolbar with one visible tab" option enabled?
I do have both of those checked--it is still a problem with Tabs on Top, though it does look different. When I uncheck "hide tabs toolbar with one visible tab", the problem does seems to vanish (that is one of my favorite features of CTR, though I know there are issues with it). URL's below, though it happens with a lot of pop-ups:

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thisisthat/toro ... -1.3773030

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/popup/audio/lis ... =1.3773030
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

Aris wrote:
Virtual_ManPL wrote:(1)After updating Classic Theme Restorer 1.5.8beta1 I get my settings of Addon manager and its hove and Options changed to Alternative appearance, is it intended?
1. It is intended. CTRs alternative appearance of preferences page and add-ons page is now active by default.
Thanks, I was thinking that maybe some malicious code playing pranks on me :lol:
Maybe I didn't saw info in change log or maybe it wasn't even there yet when I read it :P
Aris wrote:
Virtual_ManPL wrote:(2) Also underlining new options is probably broken in this version as it didn't underline new option like

[new option(s)]
2. The CTR option only adds underlining to options, that can be accessed in the current Firefox version for the first time (something, that was added for Firefox XX, only gets underlined in Firefox XX). That way users who update from one Firefox version to the next one can see, what CTR offers for that particular Firefox version (and newer versions). Options, that do work with all Firefox versions the current CTR build supports, are not underlined or highlighted.
Ah, so that's how it works, thanks, I was thinking it depends on Classic Theme Restorer stable version not the Firefox one.
Aris wrote:
Virtual_ManPL wrote:(3)also next THEY CHANGED SOMETHING AGAIN :vamp:

3. This will be fixed on next build. (So they changed those variables for Firefox 51 a few weeks ago and changing them again now just one browser version later? Someone was bored again, I guess. :mrgreen:)
Thank you very much! =D>
I'm confirming that it's fixed in Classic Theme Restorer 1.5.8beta2.
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
Aris

Post by Aris »

diderot wrote:...

I do have both of those checked--it is still a problem with Tabs on Top, though it does look different. When I uncheck "hide tabs toolbar with one visible tab", the problem does seems to vanish (that is one of my favorite features of CTR, though I know there are issues with it). URL's below, though it happens with a lot of pop-ups:

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thisisthat/toronto-black-bears-self-taught-doctor-bathroomless-condo-canadian-invasion-1.3772835/city-of-toronto-to-reintroduce-black-bears-into-the-don-valley-satire-1.3773030

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/popup/audio/listen.html?autoPlay=true&clipIds=&mediaIds=2695342935&contentarea=radio&subsection1=radio1&subsection2=entertainment&subsection3=this_is_that&contenttype=audio&title=2016/09/21/1.3773030-city-of-toronto-to-reintroduce-black-bears-into-the-don-valley-[satire]&contentid=1.3773030
Visited first link and clicked on "Listen Live". The popup always looks like the one my screenshot. Tested these settings:
- tabs on top, tabs not on top v1/v2
- hide tabs toolbar with one visible tab (enabled/disabled) + automatically adjust titlebar space (enabled/disabled)
- OS titlebar / Firefox titlebar

I think this issue needs deeper investigation.

Could you backup your current Firefox profile, create a new one, only install latest CTR beta and run some tests?
Enable your CTR settings between tests to find the one, that might cause this.
Is is important, that no other add-on is installed while running tests.
Mikha777

Post by Mikha777 »

Hi Aris,

Yesterday I was using the devtools and found that the breadcrumbs panel in the devtools has moved from the top search-bar to the bottom on the HTML pane. :(

First I was thinking it was a bug since it don't make any sense since we lost a lot of screen estate and moreover I'm used since many years to use it on the top.

Sadly it was not a bug but a change just for the sake of the change by Mozilla :( I found it in Buzilla https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1256422 They even thought about removing completely the breadcrumbs, they smoke something good at Mozilla. :crazyeyes:

I've looked in the Chrome to see if I can revert it and put back the breadcrumbs beside the searchbar at the top but my CSS knowledge on Firefox Chrome is not enough sadly. ](*,)

I'd really like if you can add an option to have the breadcrumbs back where it should have stay.

Here's a screenshot

If you don't intend to integrate it in CTR could you help me with the CSS to do a hack to put back the breadcrumbs beside the search bar in the top ? [-o<

I have already extracted the Chrome files of Firefox 47 (before the schange) and Firefox 48 (After the change) to make it more easy.

Here's a direct link to the files in my Dropbox for convenience.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/kho ... Source.rar

Best Regards O:)
kilara1988

Post by kilara1988 »

I updated to FF 50.0b2 today and i have a bug with the Location bar (3)->Autocomplete popup->Alternate appearance option.It now again shows the Search with/Visit/Switch tab etc. entries, but they are kind of broken.If i disable the Location bar (3)->Autocomplete popup->Alternate appearance option the entries are correctly hidden.
The option to hide those entries is enabled in both cases.
It was working fine before the Beta 2 update today.
Using FF 50.0b2, Win 10 AU x64.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Mikha777 wrote:Hi Aris,

Yesterday I was using the devtools and found that the breadcrumbs panel in the devtools has moved from the top search-bar to the bottom on the HTML pane. :(

First I was thinking it was a bug since it don't make any sense since we lost a lot of screen estate and moreover I'm used since many years to use it on the top.

Sadly it was not a bug but a change just for the sake of the change by Mozilla :( I found it in Buzilla https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1256422 They even thought about removing completely the breadcrumbs, they smoke something good at Mozilla. :crazyeyes:

I've looked in the Chrome to see if I can revert it and put back the breadcrumbs beside the searchbar at the top but my CSS knowledge on Firefox Chrome is not enough sadly. ](*,)

I'd really like if you can add an option to have the breadcrumbs back where it should have stay.

Here's a screenshot

http://i.stack.imgur.com/S0gIr.png

If you don't intend to integrate it in CTR could you help me with the CSS to do a hack to put back the breadcrumbs beside the search bar in the top ? [-o<

I have already extracted the Chrome files of Firefox 47 (before the schange) and Firefox 48 (After the change) to make it more easy.

Here's a direct link to the files in my Dropbox for convenience.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/kho ... Source.rar

Best Regards O:)
This css code will move breadcrums toolbar to the top position of that box (at least for a while, does not work on current Nightly builds, because they switched inspector content from xul to xhtml):

#inspector-breadcrumbs-toolbar {
  -moz-box-ordinal-group: 0 !important;
}
kilara1988 wrote:I updated to FF 50.0b2 today and i have a bug with the Location bar (3)->Autocomplete popup->Alternate appearance option.It now again shows the Search with/Visit/Switch tab etc. entries, but they are kind of broken.If i disable the Location bar (3)->Autocomplete popup->Alternate appearance option the entries are correctly hidden.
The option to hide those entries is enabled in both cases.
It was working fine before the Beta 2 update today.
Using FF 50.0b2, Win 10 AU x64.
http://i.imgbox.com/5ZT6lptK.png
This will be fixed on next update.
Mikha777

Post by Mikha777 »

does not work on current Nightly builds, because they switched inspector content from xul to xhtml):
Thanks a lot ! :D

When I was looking for a solution yesterday I've seen they were transitioning from XUL to XHTML "slowly".

I should be good for 2 releases :mrgreen:
Mikha777

Post by Mikha777 »

@Aris

Could it be possible to put the breadcrumbs on the same line as the search bar ?
It would save some screen space in the devtools

Like in the yellow zone instead of below:

Regards !
Aris

Post by Aris »

You can cheat both toolbars into one (values may need adjustment depending on your configuration).

#inspector-breadcrumbs-toolbar {
  -moz-box-ordinal-group: 0 !important;
  border-top: unset !important;
  margin-right: 250px !important;
  margin-left: 30px !important;
}

#inspector-toolbar {
  margin-top: -23px !important;
}
Mikha777

Post by Mikha777 »

You can cheat both toolbars into one (values may need adjustment depending on your configuration).

It's almost perfect @Aris, I don't even have to adjust any tag it fit very well on my setup.

Just one minor regression: We can't use the mouse to select or scroll on the breadcrumbs :wink:
There must be some tag missing :?:

I've tried to add a "z-index: 99999 !important;" but sadly it did not change anything :|