[Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on Tbb

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
delicacy1

Re: [Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on

Post by delicacy1 »

what i'd clearly like:
a script to intercept my last choice on the playlist button, either i restart, either my browser crashes, either i delete temporary files, that's why i thought about having the choice saved in a file of my browser's profile.
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

http://xxxbunker.com
unblockable in proactive
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

Code: Select all

http://xvideos.ninja/fr/video/252362/4-sluts-spread-pussy.html
A rectangular ad appears over the video frame..

is there a way to block it in flashblock using a script ?
TourneDisque

Post by TourneDisque »

DblClicker has conflicts with addon Reddit Enhancement Suite. RES has a feature called imageZoom and when used to resize images DlbClicker will then make it act as a Click and open the image in a new tab. Do you have any solution?
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

hi TourneDisque,

please add link to a relevant page on reddit and explain how to recreate the issue...
TourneDisque

Post by TourneDisque »

yochaim wrote:hi TourneDisque,

please add link to a relevant page on reddit and explain how to recreate the issue...
https://youtu.be/0z9Zcep61Dw

Use: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ent-suite/
Site: https://re.reddit.com/r/Animewallpaper/
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

hi TourneDisque,

thanks for the very detailed use case...

the problem is that there is a click event coming at the end of the drag which is (i'm guessing) consumed by RES usually but not when dblclicker emulates the click event.
i found no easy way to differentiate this "drop" click from other clicks (so dblclicker could ignore it) but i'm still looking...

for now you can use ctrl+drag (or move out of the picture before you release the mouse) to prevent the issue

yochai
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

Hi guy...

Just updated FS to e10s-1.4.2b3. Videos over at msn.com don't play the way they used to. Before the update I would place the pointer over the video and the controls would popup at the bottom of the video. I could then click on the play arrow. Now I usually get a spinner going round and round. Clicking on the video enough times might bring up the controls and sometimes it starts the video playing. The bottom line is it's harder to play a video over at msn.com now.

btw... PAB is disabled on msn.com

Example video... http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/tunedin/ ... vi-AAkXsRl. I got things going by clicking on the FS button. Probably clicking on other things might have worked too.
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6600 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

hi,

good to see you're still QAing...

the new version only changes the content context menu implementation to prevent unsafe CPOW's that suddenly showed their ugly heads (or at least this is what i intended), so it shouldn't create this kind of issue...
at first i had the same long delay, then i noticed i didn't upgrade my flash and so it was blocked for msn.com
i remembered there was an issue like that before and found http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14532359
after enabling flash for msn.com i get no delay...
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

msn.com doesn't use Flash for me. Even with Flash set to Always Activate it still uses HTML5. And isn't it the intent of every browser to get rid of Flash?

I just tried the Titanic video and this time I waited. It took at least 30 seconds for the spinner to stop and the controls to appear. I think a patch or two landed on Nightly regarding the displaying of the controls for HTML5 videos. Don't know if this is the problem.

*** Update ***
It looks like uBlock Origin might be the problem. Without it the video ad plays right away.
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6600 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

i'll check it with uBlockO (any special subscriptions?). i have no problems with adblock+.
anyways the flash is not for the player but sites use it for cookies & communication so it can create issues...
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

You mentioned that flash is still needed. I had flash disabled. Once I enabled it the video worked fine. So what exactly is flash needed for in this case? msn went to HTML5 for their videos, why did they leave something behind that needs flash?
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

i'm not sure about msn but many sites use it for cookies and as widgets that handle arbitrary site logic.
msn do use flash for their ad-player, so maybe if it is not initialized then fail on loading (which ad-blockers will cause) you get the bad reaction...

btw nightly is now behaving very strange. i get everything html5 autoplaying if i open link for the same site (youtube, msn included...)
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

Give me some specific video links, I'll see what I get.

What about this video... https://weather.com/news/trending/video ... rozen-lake
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

from the titanic link in msn right click on the boeing in the playlist on the right and open it in new tab. i get it autoplaying in the latest nightly...

EDIT: the weather.com link works fine but if i open new tab from the playlist under the video it will autoplay...