[EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
tonymec

Re: [EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Post by tonymec »

pag77 wrote:
tonymec wrote:No luck with ealier versions either. I guess I'll have to wait. And if and when someday I get a Forecastfox which again displays something in seaMonkey, then will be the time to see whether or not I gan get a forecast for my city, or for that matter for other cities of interest to me.
You can make the old version work if you somehow block the link that starts like this:
"https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js/QuotaService"

PS:
Hmmm... I just checked 2.4.8 in SeaMonkey - it looks like the addon works fine again without additional locks
Which SeaMonkey? As my bottom-line says, I use SeaMonkey 2.52a1, based on Gecko/Toolkit 55.0a1, not the current "stable" SeaMonkey 2.46 (based on Gecko-Toolkit 49.0) and the difference may be relevant.
Best regards,
Tony
klui

Post by klui »

I'm currently running nightly 55.0a1 64-bit and find that 3.4 (thank you for releasing this) works well only after I launch it (2.4.8 doesn't work at all). If I create a new window, the temperature status has a red background but clicking it doesn't state that it has an issue retrieving weather data.

The red temperature background will turn grey if I click on it followed by clicking on the "Now :: details" link. But the "now" timestamp doesn't update with regularity. How often should it change? I've experienced periods of several hours of it not changing.

I use NoScript and have whitelisted "accuweather.com" and "s3blog.org."
kluless

Post by kluless »

Forecastfox has stopped updating 'Now' forecasts, I'm getting constant 'Connection Error' messages. The daily forecasts are still OK.

Last update was at 21:12 (European Summertime) yesterday. Computer has been rebooted since then, but still getting connection errors.

Using v2.4.8
kluless

Post by kluless »

My mistake, the daily forecasts have not been updated. So it seems that Forecastfox will just not connect to the server.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

klui wrote:I use NoScript and have whitelisted "accuweather.com" and "s3blog.org."
The current version of NoScript 5.0.2 has a conflict with all WebExtensions
Please update to 5.0.3dev:
https://noscript.net/getit#devel
v 5.0.3rc2
=============================================================
x Fixed XHR regression (thanks Oleksandr Popov for reporting)

v 5.0.3rc1
x Fixed compatibility issues with some WebExtensions (thanks
Oleksandr Popov for reporting)
kluless wrote:My mistake, the daily forecasts have not been updated. So it seems that Forecastfox will just not connect to the server.
Now there are some problems on the server accuweather for some cities - comes trimmed XML
Try to see the weather in a nearby city
kluless

Post by kluless »

Thanks, it seems the problem was with the location having its post code, working now with just the city & country. Odd that it should suddenly start misbehaving though.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

kluless wrote:Thanks, it seems the problem was with the location having its post code, working now with just the city & country. Odd that it should suddenly start misbehaving though.
Your problem is solved?
kluless

Post by kluless »

Yes it's working OK now, thanks
pag77

Post by pag77 »

kluless wrote:Yes it's working OK now, thanks
Thank you for your good news! :)
klui

Post by klui »

pag77 wrote:The current version of NoScript 5.0.2 has a conflict with all WebExtensions
Thank you. I've updated to 5.0.3rc4. I checked early this morning and the Now timestamp does get updated. Using 5.0.3rc4 doesn't solve new windows' temperature background to become red. Because the timestamp does change I'm not as concerned. One thing I noticed is if I define multiple cities and ask Forecastfox fix version to cycle through the cities the background changes to gray in a timely manner, especially if using the default 0.05 minutes cycle time. But I don't want to waste cycles to have work around this aesthetic issue.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

klui wrote:...temperature background to become red....
Please tell me city and country for which red color is used
droople

Post by droople »

pag77 wrote:
klui wrote:I use NoScript and have whitelisted "accuweather.com" and "s3blog.org."
The current version of NoScript 5.0.2 has a conflict with all WebExtensions
v 5.0.3rc2
x Fixed XHR regression (thanks Oleksandr Popov for reporting)

v 5.0.3rc1
x Fixed compatibility issues with some WebExtensions (thanks
Oleksandr Popov for reporting)
kluless wrote:My mistake, the daily forecasts have not been updated. So it seems that Forecastfox will just not connect to the server.
Now there are some problems on the server accuweather for some cities - comes trimmed XML
Try to see the weather in a nearby city
My forecast fix version suddenly unable to modify anything just like the original one. I googled and found here.
I updated the noscript to 5.03rc4, still not working. I have to disable noscript to let forecast fix version work.
I'm using firefox 64bit, I'm in Australia.
anon42

Post by anon42 »

pag77 wrote:I already contacted the NoScript author and we solved all the problems
Please expect to update Forecastfox and NoScript
That was your reply to my 21 Mar 2017 post about problem with setting ForcastFox's options. Did the fix slip through the crack? NotScript had been updated to 5.0.3. I don't think Forcastfox has yet to be updated (currently using 2.4.8).
Leif-AMO

Post by Leif-AMO »

Waterfox (Firefox) 52.0.2 & Firefox (proper) 55.0a1 from 2017-04-15, Forecastfox (fix version) 2.4.8 installed, NoScript 5.0.3 installed, Options page fails to load properly. Set NoScript to allow globally, no change. REMOVE NoScript, NO CHANGE. Probably nothing to do with NoScript, if complete removal yields same result.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Forecastfox (fix version)
Listed Version: 2.4.8
Next Listed Version: 3.4
Queue Position: 66 of 268

Version 3.4 is awaiting approval from March 16, 2017...