[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by Aris »

@custom.firefox.lady
Short answer, no. See the opening post for more details.
telzey

Post by telzey »

Hi, Aris,

For a few months now, I've been seeing an intermittant problem: sometimes when I click on a tab that is in the background, the tab closes instead of being brought to the foreground. I have been making sure that I am not accidentally clicking the close button on the tab. This only happens a few times a month, so I have been reluctant to try a fresh profile with no other addons. My current versions are FF 53.0.2 and CTR 1.6.7b3.

Interestingly, today I saw the same problem for the first time in Thunderbird, where I am using CMB. I just upgraded TB yesterday to 52.1.1. CMB version is 1.0.8.201702271.

In both cases, I am using squared tabs, in case that makes a difference. I realize that this might not even be a CTR/CMB issue, but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case.
Aris

Post by Aris »

To be sure this is only CTR/CMB related and does not happen with default tabs too, you probably have to switch to default tabs in CTR and disable CMB.

This did not happen here yet, so is there anybody else with this issue?
ultramage

Post by ultramage »

I updated from 53.0.2 to 53.0.3 (+ all addons) and I'm observing a conflict with Tab Utilities Fixed when using "Square Tabs (classic)". After closing a tab and stepping off the tab bar with the mouse, some extra blank space appears before the first tab, and everything shifts. Then, hovering over any tab except the currently active one makes the empty space disappear, and everything shifts back.
Aris

Post by Aris »

ultramage wrote:I updated from 53.0.2 to 53.0.3 (+ all addons) and I'm observing a conflict with Tab Utilities Fixed when using "Square Tabs (classic)". After closing a tab and stepping off the tab bar with the mouse, some extra blank space appears before the first tab, and everything shifts. Then, hovering over any tab except the currently active one makes the empty space disappear, and everything shifts back.
This also happens without CTR installed.

ChewInternetExplorer

Post by ChewInternetExplorer »

Heads-up Only

Noticed 2 changes on the latest Nightly (date-code 22nd May 2017):—
  1. The height of the URL Bar background seems to have been increased, and
  2. The tabs no longer seem to support the names of custom bookmarks.
Aris

Post by Aris »

ChewInternetExplorer wrote:Heads-up Only

I can fix the first one (the necessary option is already in CTR, but only visible on Windows 10 atm). Not sure what the second thing is about. My own bookmark names were never displayed on tabs. Maybe that is a feature of another add-on?
msia2k

Post by msia2k »

By enabling the "reducing location bar and search bar height" option, it seems the bookmark menu button next to the bookmark star isn't really at the right "size"... seems more "compressed" than it should. To see that, you need to settle the small buttons on navigation toolbar on in the General UI menu.
ChewInternetExplorer

Aris wrote:

I can fix the first one (the necessary option is already in CTR, but only visible on Windows 10 atm). Not sure what the second thing is about. My own bookmark names were never displayed on tabs. Maybe that is a feature of another add-on?
Wow, I was not expecting a fix to either — much appreciated mate (there are a couple of side-effects accompanying the fix, though — shall bring them to your attention if I don't manage to resolve them myself.) Image

About the second point, if you check the names on the selected tab you'll notice that I have bookmarked your beta-page with the custom name .Classic Theme Restorer (.Beta) with the key combo. (Ctrl + D) — a name that sticks on the tabs of all releases earlier than date-code 22nd May 2017 (isn't that happening at your end?) Image

However, on the latest Nightly — the custom name on the tab .Classic Theme Restorer (.Beta) is not respected and gets defaulted to Classic Theme Restorer :: Versions :: Add-ons for Firefox (hope I was able to explain this point.)
ChewInternetExplorer

Aris wrote:

My apologies, Aris — you were right.

Just realized that it was in the domain of the Tab Mix Plus add-on (have reported the same to onemen.)
Paul Allen

Post by Paul Allen »

Hi Aris -

With Favicon:Current Website Icon checked, Firefox crashes on a few sites, such as Chase.com (during/right after signon).

FIrefox 53.0.2, CTR 1.6.7 B4, Windows 7.

Not sure how to get you more information. I can leave it uncheck, but maybe it is affecting others.
Aris

Post by Aris »

@msia2k
I will look into that icon glitch. Edit: Fixed on latest beta.

@ChewInternetExplorer
You can list the issues you find here.

@Paul Allen
That website requires more than an email address to sign up and because of that I can not test CTRs favicon option with it. Can you provide other websites this issue occurs on? Can anybody else reproduce this issue?
ChewInternetExplorer

ChewInternetExplorer wrote:Wow, I was not expecting a fix to either — much appreciated mate (there are a couple of side-effects accompanying the fix, though — shall bring them to your attention if I don't manage to resolve them myself.) Image
I made some adjustments and everything is working (and also looking) great — thanks to you. Image

However, there's this one little CSS code that I've not managed to improvise — it was working prior to 1.6.7beta4:—

Code: Select all

#urlbar
	{
	font-size: 11px !important;
	}

#urlbar:hover
	{
	font-size: 13.5px !important;
	}
ChewInternetExplorer wrote:
Aris wrote:Not sure what the second thing is about. My own bookmark names were never displayed on tabs. Maybe that is a feature of another add-on?
My apologies, Aris — you were right.

Just realized that it was in the domain of the Tab Mix Plus add-on (have reported the same to onemen.)
FWIW, onemen says that the issue is WRT Bug 1365780 which caused a change in the setTabTitle function — says he'll fix it (posting this little snippet here, just for informational purpose.)
Aris

Post by Aris »

@Chew
I've adjusted location and search bars text size to the value it used pre-Fx55 when 'reducing location bars height' option is active.

Add this to CTRs custom css area:

#urlbar-container  #urlbar {
  font-size: 11px !important;
}

#urlbar-container  #urlbar:hover {
  font-size: 13.5px !important;
}
avada

Post by avada »

Hi!

I upgraded to 1.6.7beta5. And now the "Reduce navigation toolbars height" doesn't seem to be doing anything.

It didn't quite work before either: When I enabled it, it compressed the the navigation buttons to be smaller than they should be. (With latest CTB beta)

I found no way of recreating how the toolbar looked on build 2017-05-17. But if I downgrade to Classic Toolbar Buttons 1.5.7beta1 and Classic Theme Restorer 1.6.7beta3, and using the CSS in this reply. I closely can. The only difference being that the toolbar has a 1-1 px extra padding on 2017-05-17. (Which may be incorrect actually, with a setting of -1px for navbar extra top/bottom space.)

( I also need to use Classic Toolbar Buttons 1.5.7beta1 on 2017-05-17, because beta2 ruins the urlbar there too)

/* Change default font size and height of Awesomebar */
#urlbar,
  .searchbar-textbox {
  font-size: 1.00em !important;
  min-height: 24px !important;
}
So, in summary I need to use older versions of CTB and CTR + custom CSS to have a correct urlbar layout on latest nightly. With latest versions of CTB and CTR in no way I can't get the navbar buttons and the urlbar the same correct height.

Here's an image comparing the two: