[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
ChewInternetExplorer

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by ChewInternetExplorer »

Aris wrote:@Chew
I've adjusted location and search bars text size to the value it used pre-Fx55 when 'reducing location bars height' option is active.

Add this to CTRs custom css area:

Code: Select all

#urlbar-container  #urlbar {
  font-size: 11px !important;
}

#urlbar-container  #urlbar:hover {
  font-size: 13.5px !important;
}
Just amazing — had locked-up the CTR CSS override (using it now for the very first time.) Image
Aris

Post by Aris »

@avada

Your ui is way too heavy modified to find what is causing issues. I only test things on "default" configuration with "default" buttons.

Setup Portable Firefox, test CTR and CTB without anything else installed and if everything works, try to add your add-ons one by one.
avada

Post by avada »

Aris wrote:@avada

Your ui is way too heavy modified to find what is causing issue. I only test things on "default" configuration with "default" buttons.

Setup Portable Firefox, test CTR and CTB without anything else installed and if everything works, try to add your add-ons one by one.
I disagree. I overwhelmingly I only use CTR and CTB for UI customization. Plus some CSS to hide stuff. (But I disable Stylish for testing.)

Also I don't see the point for me to test with default buttons, since I don't use those.

PS:

So there's no way to export CTB options like I can do for CTR, right? That way I coould just simple share my configuration or test it in a new profile.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Other add-ons and their code may have an impact on CTRs/CTBs code. To see the difference one need to compare navigation toolbar with and without other add-ons. Those tests are for me.

I really suggest to switch to Firefox 52 ESR and forget about Firefox 55/56. After 57 gets out you will have to switch to 52 ESR anyway, if you want to keep using CTR/CTB. As you see most things change and do not look the way they did before Photon code started landing in Fx55.

You can test these dev builds, maybe they change something for you:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gsblg37z8i6d2r/CTB__test_20170524.xpi?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n768ccvb1u7za9r/CTR_test.xpi?dl=0
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

As you see most things change and do not look the way they did before Photon code started landing in Fx55.
i had a closer look last day to it - not amused. how ever.
time to say a big "thank you" to you, Aris, for this never ending story: CTR!

see my UA explains it all for now.

tomorrow is "Männertag", have fun - men!
avada

Post by avada »

Aris wrote:Other add-ons and their code may have an impact on CTRs/CTBs code. To see the difference one need to compare navigation toolbar with and without other add-ons. Those tests are for me.

I really suggest to switch to Firefox 52 ESR and forget about Firefox 55/56. After 57 gets out you will have to switch to 52 ESR anyway, if you want to keep using CTR/CTB. As you see most things change and do not look the way they did before Photon code started landing in Fx55.

You can test these dev builds, maybe they change something for you:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gsblg37z8i6d2r/CTB__test_20170524.xpi?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n768ccvb1u7za9r/CTR_test.xpi?dl=0
I was planning on staying around until v56 but it's getting increasingly frustrating.
I'm hoping they won't push this photon crap to beta, stable yet at least then I could enjoy the advantages of lazy tabs.

PS: I tried the test builds. They're sort of more broken. When I enable limit navbar height, the navigation buttons increase to be larger than the navbar. Also I got an extra cancel button, which is blank unless the page is loading.
Edds

Post by Edds »

So what happened with the font size in ULR bar ?
With the latest beta it is very small, with 1.6.7b4 it's good.
I'm using FF 54 beta 10.
Laptop: Intel Core i5 1240P | 16GB DDR4 | 500GB NVMe | 1080p | Win 11
Phone: Samsung S24 Ultra | Android 14
marty60

Post by marty60 »

Brummelchen wrote:i had a closer look last day to it - not amused.
It never is much fun when your Rolls-Royce is suddenly taken away and replaced with a junky Ford Pinto.
msia2k

Post by msia2k »

Hm just noticed that...

It seems CTR can't remember the settings you put when you try changing the firefox button color.
Basically, the default option color is orange, you try changing it to blue (Aurora). Once you re-start the browser, it goes back to the default orange color. It happens with whatever Firefox versions.

EDIT:

OK by unchecking the automatically set the browser color channel option, it fixed my issue.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Brummelchen wrote:
As you see most things change and do not look the way they did before Photon code started landing in Fx55.
i had a closer look last day to it - not amused. how ever.
time to say a big "thank you" to you, Aris, for this never ending story: CTR!

see my UA explains it all for now.

tomorrow is "Männertag", have fun - men!
Thanks. ;-)
Edds wrote:So what happened with the font size in ULR bar ?
With the latest beta it is very small, with 1.6.7b4 it's good.
I'm using FF 54 beta 10.
Shrinking location bar size now reduces font size to 12px (what it previously was on non-W10 OSs). Otherwise the find is too big. You can add custom css to CTR to adjust it. One of my previous posts shows the code.
avada wrote:..

I was planning on staying around until v56 but it's getting increasingly frustrating.
I'm hoping they won't push this photon crap to beta, stable yet at least then I could enjoy the advantages of lazy tabs.

PS: I tried the test builds. They're sort of more broken. When I enable limit navbar height, the navigation buttons increase to be larger than the navbar. Also I got an extra cancel button, which is blank unless the page is loading.
You really need to test Fx55 on a new profile without any add-ons installed to see what new changes get added to Firefox. Stop and reload buttons were moved in front of location bar. CTRs option to hide those buttons from location bar also hides them on their new position.

Make sure you are not using any CTB settings to modify button size/dimension. Those settings do not work properly for a long time now.

In Fx55 default toolbar icons (png) got replaced with new ones (svg). As a side effect their width/dimension is now handled more strictly. Previously the icons also had 16x16px dimensions, but we could use anything between 16x16-18x18px without having an effect on button dimensions. This changed in Firefox 55.
Small button features in CTR or CTB always tried to keep the button height at 24px (same as location bar height before Fx55 or on non-W10 OSs). Because CTB used custom icon sizes of 18x18px and I really do not want to modify the code for 30 icon sets for two cases (16x16 and 18x18) there either is a too small button in default mode or a too big button in custom icons mode. Neither is great, but I'm working on a workaround.
For now current button and location bar sizes just do not equal those on Firefox 54 and before in some cases. As long as I don't know which add-ons add stuff to your navigation toolbar, I can not look into what is different to previous builds. Think like this: Firefox code changed, CTR/CTB add-on code changed, third party add-on stayed the way it was. It is almost impossible for such combinations not to break or at least visually change something when comparing to older Fx versions. Because of that I recommend to switch to Fx 52ESR, keep latest release versions of add-ons and be happy for one more year. Switch to Firefox 59 or 59 ESR in summer 2018 and deal with change then. By that time we maybe see add-ons or tweaks already handling Photon ui (if possible of course). There is no need to chase every changed pixel on every new Nightly.

And now: happy holiday to all, who have one today. :mrgreen:
avada

Post by avada »

@Aris thanks for the detailed explanation. I think I'll just stop updating until the beta split and see what's it like with the beta release, then re-evaluate.
Edds

Post by Edds »

Aris wrote:@Chew
I've adjusted location and search bars text size to the value it used pre-Fx55 when 'reducing location bars height' option is active.

Add this to CTRs custom css area:

font-size: 11px !important;
}

#urlbar-container  #urlbar:hover {
  font-size: 13.5px !important;
}
Aris this code is not working for me. It's not changing font back to the previous size and I don't understand why there is different size for hover. Anyway 13.5px for both is not working with the latest beta.
I have tried with the only this css modification.
Have installed addons : Adblock Plus, CTR, CTB, Element hiding helper, Gmail Checker, HTTP/2 and SPDY indicator, Simple Clocks and Stylish.
Aris

Post by Aris »

@avada
Ok.

@Edds
That was just an example code for Chew. Ignore the hover part and use 14px instead of 11px. That is what Fx uses here.
Edds

Post by Edds »

still not working :/

font-size: 14px !important;
}
Aris

Post by Aris »

@Edds
I think /*AGENT_SHEET*/ was needed for this to work in Stylish. It works fine in CTRs custom css box though (as we cleared via pm.)

------------------------

Anyone else thinks it is kind of hypocritical that Mozilla removed this "old-school" menu in Firefox 29 only to introduce a similar one about three years later in Firefox 57?

ImageImage