[Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on Tbb

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
delicacy1

Re: [Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on

Post by delicacy1 »

flashstopper v1.4.6b1.
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

tested it on pm 27.4 with 1.4.6b1 and wfm, but maybe you get different player.
please check if when you right-click on the player it shows jwplayer (7.8.7), then use shift+right-click to see if you get play in the context (so you'll know you get the html5 video and not flash)
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

yes, jwplayer (7.8.7) is the one selected automatically.. i don't know what wfm is, & flash is not selected here.
Actually, you're the one having problems, cause you can't test it telling me
that the video doesn't even start on your end..
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

wfm - works for me
the video autostart if i disable fs...
please do the shift+right-click after the video is playing. if it is a html5 video it is very strange.
btw do you use the FS button?
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

if i right click, i don't get the html player context menu, i get a normal browser context menu.
i disabled flashplayer & the video doesn't load.
& with flashplayer active,
right clicking, shows "jwplayer" selected.

ps: & on
youtube.com/html5

i can't even select/unselect "The HTML5 player is currently used when possible."

it's now selected automatically without aptitude to unselect.
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

it's just about http://www.topsante.com player. the youtube one is not related...
it seems you're getting the jwplayer in flash.
try adding this before the line 'TRACE("handleElement jwplayer...' in the script:

Code: Select all

if (player) {
                var play = player.play;
                player.play = function() {if (isHandlingUserInput(window)) { player.play = play; player.play(...arguments); }}
            }
you didn't answer me about the FS toolbarbutton...
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

i don't use fs toolbarbutton, if there's one, i didn't add it or removed it from the bar.
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

i can't use edit script in options, it's senseless..

i hit ctrl+f

paste:
'TRACE("handleElement jwplayer...

click: enter & it creates a blank line in the first window, & one more enter which should keep searching that string creates another empty line..
i'll go amuse myself in the profile folder & find the file there.
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

ps: i don't have TRACE("handleElement jwplayer...
in userhandler..

ill add it in
handler, but you'll have to keep it in future updates too so i don't overwrite that setting.

anyways,

TRACE("handleElement jwplayer... does not exist..

I have in handler.js :

TRACE("handleElement jwplayer - id:

Or, i have:

TRACE("handleElement jwplayer setup
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

see http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14734527 to get the toolbarbutton so you can handle all FS stuff much easier...
put it in handler.js or use the link below to get your editor in a tab (apply when finished...)
chrome://flashstopper/content/scriptedit-dialog.xul
Last edited by yochaim on July 23rd, 2017, 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

I kept the: if player && (etc etc)

Code: Select all

if (player && (player.config || (player.config = player.getConfig())) && player.config.autostart != false)
            {
                TRACE("handleElement jwplayer setup - id: %S autostart: %S", player.id, player.config.autostart);

player.config.autoStart = player.config.autostart = false;
                (ar = player.config.aspectratio) && ar.indexOf("%") != -1 && (player.config.aspectratio = "100:" + ar.slice(0,-1));
                aElement.localName == "video" && window.setTimeout(() => aElement.src = "");
                player.setup(player.config);
            }  
            if (player) {
                var play = player.play;
                player.play = function() {if (isHandlingUserInput(window)) { player.play = play; player.play(...arguments); }}
            }     
            TRACE("handleElement jwplayer - id: %S config: %S", (player && player.id), !!(player && player.config));
            return player && player.config;
        }
It works, it's now blocked, but i strangely had to click twice to start the video manually.
YaShum

Post by YaShum »

Bug:
If you left-click on the proposed video list (on the flash-screen or in the menu to the right of the flash-screen), then the video will automatically play. But if you click on the video from the list with the mouse wheel or through the context menu "Open on new page", then the video plug-in will stop.

P.s. Since the 26th the Flash player has stopped working, only HTML5 is enabled (i think the reason is this: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7379403?hl=en ). But I noticed that the embedded video on other sites still works in Flash, as well as if the video is opened so https://www.youtube.com/v/jNQXAC9IVRw or so https://www.youtube.com/embed/jNQXAC9IVRw , then Flash also turns on!
I do not know, maybe you can cheat the player Youtube, what would he think that the video is embedded on another site, that would have worked as before, Flash, and not stupid HTML5.
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

hi YaShum,

i'm not sure i got exactly what you mean, since it seems to correlate with the expected behavior as mentioned in the add-on description page -
Known issues:
When YouTube SPF is enabled (the thin red line) only the first video in the tab will not autoplay since new videos are loaded to the same player.
if you mean something else please re-explain.
p.s
i have 2 flash forcing add-ons for youtube (for testing). both are not working anymore but this is more an issue for youtube enhancement add-ons...
the https://www.youtube.com/v/... does play flash for me although it doesn't stop, the other is html5 and do stop.
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

yochaim..

I've been running the replacement benchmark for Google Octane v2 and discovered that a few of my add-ons result in a lower score. All use WE. AS is one of them. With all my add-ons disabled I get a score of 97.1. With only AS enabled I get a score of 83 which is about a 12% decrease.

Test is at.... http://browserbench.org/Speedometer/
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6400 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

hi streetwolf,

i've checked it a bit (also in chrome) and it's not a we problem (per se) but an issue with using a MutationObserver and the testing procedure.
usually the costly performance is not coming from code execution (but resource loading and graphics) so this is kind of a worst case scenario, but since we (chrome extension api) doesn't provide (currently) a better way to process inserted elements that match a css selector (like in fs, using xul hacks) it seems a necessary evil...

b.t.w chrome scores are much better than FF for me