[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
juozas

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by juozas »

@Aris: I was running version 1.6.9beta8, 1.7.0beta1 doesn't show any dropmarker near bookmarks menu while older versions of FF did show ok, with a space like it should be. Old vs new:
ImageImage
Some icons on addon bar (greasemonkey) are the same, also I disabled/uninstalled some becouse of compatibility issues or being broken.
Сделано в СССР
Aris

Post by Aris »

Mozilla removed dropmarkers from navigation toolbars menu buttons in Firefox 55+. I tried to restore them, but this task becomes somehow impossible, because almost every add-on uses different margins/padding between button icon and dropmarker. I reverted the code to "default" for now to not cause any arrow overlapping on Linux/macOS. On Windows I only took care of CTRs bookmarks menu button and history menu button. I may look into it in future CTR releases, but since Firefox 55/56 are the last ones with legacy support and everything is working on Firefox 52ESR, I suggest to switch to ESR.

Add this to CTRs custom CSS area and adjust the margin value until it suites all button on your navigation toolbar (if possible).

Code: Select all

#main-window[fx55plus="true"] #nav-bar #nav-bar-customization-target > toolbarbutton > .toolbarbutton-menu-dropmarker {
  display: block !important;
  margin-inline-start: -8px;
}
#main-window[fx55plus="true"] #ctraddon_addon-bar > toolbarbutton > .toolbarbutton-menu-dropmarker {
}

juozas

Post by juozas »

The above custom css partially works. It doesn't work with greasemonkey menu though, since it's a bit different class (.toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker instead of .toolbarbutton-menu-dropmarker). This CSS fixes it (by appending it to custom CSS)

Code: Select all

#main-window[fx55plus="true"] #ctraddon_addon-bar > toolbarbutton > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker { /* doesn't change anything */
}
#main-window[fx55plus="true"] #ctraddon_addon-bar > toolbarbutton > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker > .dropmarker-icon { /* real fix here */
  display: none !important;
}
#main-window[fx55plus="true"] #nav-bar #nav-bar-customization-target > toolbarbutton > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker { /*for abp and alike using same class */
  list-style-image:none !important; /*hide ugly dropmarker icon*/
}
#main-window[fx55plus="true"] #nav-bar #nav-bar-customization-target > toolbarbutton > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker > .dropmarker-icon {
  visibility:hidden !important; /*hide arrow*/
}
Сделано в СССР
phloo

Post by phloo »

Hi, I tried to find a solution for my problem with the bookmark toolbar.
It lost the dropdown arrows and the space around the names.

Firefox 55.0.2
Latest version of plugin

Old vs current

Melchior82

Post by Melchior82 »

YUP!! FF v52.x ESR is the way to go for now... OR
move to Waterfox once v55.0.1 is released for windows at least.. Linux and MAC binaries are out already
he is waiting for the signing token to arrive so he can sign the binaries...

EDIT1:

I have been having A LOT of constant crashing on FF v52.x
tabs always open
-email, GMAIL, Facebook, YouTube
plus other tabs as needed..

considering my only update was to CTR
From: Classic Theme Restorer (Customize UI)(v1.6.9_beta8)_fx(v45-v56)
To : Classic Theme Restorer (Customize UI)(v1.7.0_Beta1)_fx(v45-v56)

so I downgraded to last version...
and did teh required restart it LOCKED on just after the old tabs showed up I had to force kill the process...
it seems fine now... will see if it stops the crashes...

BUT THEN AGAIN... FF has a JavaScript bug especially with Facebook that was Supposedly
FIXED with v55 BUT it appears they didn't BOTHER to back port it to the v52.x branch of code...!!!!????
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

This may have been mentioned earlier, but do you have any plans to keep CTR and CTB alive for alternate browsers such as Waterfox once FX esr's go by the wayside?
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.9.1esr, Thunderbird 115.9.0, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2
avada

Post by avada »

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:This may have been mentioned earlier, but do you have any plans to keep CTR and CTB alive for alternate browsers such as Waterfox once FX esr's go by the wayside?
The anwser was no. (Too few users to worth the bother)

Also you can bet that if Waterfox gets updated to v57+ you won't get XUL addon support, mozilla's removing all API's from under it, so even if they were still allowed in Waterfox they'd be mostly broken.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

avada wrote:The anwser was no. (Too few users to worth the bother)

Also you can bet that if Waterfox gets updated to v57+ you won't get XUL addon support, mozilla's removing all API's from under it, so even if they were still allowed in Waterfox they'd be mostly broken.
Thanks, avada, for the heads-up. I'm still searching for a good replacement. It looks like SeaMonkey has the best possibility. But, in the end, I think our favorite add-ons are in for a sure, slow death.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.9.1esr, Thunderbird 115.9.0, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

It is too bad they don't have Waterfox in a 32 bit version. They currently only offer a 64 bit for Windows, so that means I could not use it on the older XP computer.
Melchior82

Post by Melchior82 »

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:
avada wrote:The anwser was no. (Too few users to worth the bother)

Thanks, avada, for the heads-up. I'm still searching for a good replacement. It looks like SeaMonkey has the best possibility. But, in the end, I think our favorite add-ons are in for a sure, slow death.
There is Waterfox they are a for of Firefox and are keeping the XUL extension system..
https://www.waterfoxproject.org/downloads
Melchior82

Post by Melchior82 »

85rx-7se wrote:It is too bad they don't have Waterfox in a 32 bit version. They currently only offer a 64 bit for Windows, so that means I could not use it on the older XP computer.
Not if its old enough ie lack of 64bit CPU and less then 4GB of RAM...

there is a 64bit version of XP Pro, but its generally rare...
I bought a copy off of eBay.. year before I think...
worked well nothing of mine broke...
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

85rx-7se wrote:It is too bad they don't have Waterfox in a 32 bit version. They currently only offer a 64 bit for Windows, so that means I could not use it on the older XP computer.
You can use SeaMonkey. I have it on my 32 Bit XP laptop and it works quite well.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

Did not know Seamonkey would install on 32 bit OS or XP ... but it looks like eventually, Seamonkey will also lose support for older style extensions, just like Firefox. We need a browser that can be somewhat customized as to how the interface looks and be able to block ads, especially on Yahoo Email and other sites.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

85rx-7se wrote:Did not know Seamonkey would install on 32 bit OS or XP ... but it looks like eventually, Seamonkey will also lose support for older style extensions, just like Firefox. We need a browser that can be somewhat customized as to how the interface looks and be able to block ads, especially on Yahoo Email and other sites.
Yes, SM is 32 bit and I think they are going to support XP thru v2.49 (current version is 2.48). Not too long, but it will stave off the inevitable. The days of customizing browsers is waning.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Melchior82

Post by Melchior82 »

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:
85rx-7se wrote: Did not know Seamonkey would install on 32 bit OS or XP ... but it looks like eventually, Seamonkey will also lose support for older style extensions, just like Firefox. We need a browser that can be somewhat customized as to how the interface looks and be able to block ads, especially on Yahoo Email and other sites.
Yes, SM is 32 bit and I think they are going to support XP thru v2.49 (current version is 2.48). Not too long, but it will stave off the inevitable. The days of customizing browsers is waning.
I saw your signature line..
do you really have all those browsers installed??? wow O_O..