[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Melchior82 wrote:I saw your signature line..do you really have all those browsers installed??? wow
O_O..
Yep. I'm searching for a replacement. I like SeaMonkey a lot, but it doesn't have the same tab behavior as FX (I'm so used to the way FX handles tabs). Pale Moon is quite fast, although I had to find alternative add-ons to my regular ones because it doesn't support all of my old ones. Waterfox is looking quite good. The current Windows version uses the Firefox profile and everything is exactly the same. When the new version is released (55.0.1), it will have it's own profile folder, separating it from FX.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
Melchior82

Post by Melchior82 »

yup.. I just got a tweet from the Waterfox dev... he got his signing cert so v55.0.1 should be out today hopefully
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

On my own computers -- Win XP PRO SP3 it has IE8.0.6001.18702 / Opera 12.18 / Firefox 52.3.0 ESR
Toshiba Win 10 Home 64 Laptop has: IE11.540.15063.0 / Edge 40.15063.0.0 / Opera 36.0 / Firefox 52.3.0 ESR
Of all of these my primary browser is Firefox
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Melchior82 wrote:yup.. I just got a tweet from the Waterfox dev... he got his signing cert so v55.0.1 should be out today hopefully
Good to know. I've been waiting. I don't like sharing profiles with more than one browser. I do have backups, so no harm done. It will be nice to see it divorced from FX. I hope he can continue to support Legacy add-ons for as long as possible. Fending off the inevitable...
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
Melchior82

Post by Melchior82 »

Firefox is generally the best lol ;)
though it has its issues these days..
I see way too much crashing... here is a simple list... AND THERE ALL JavaScript CRASHES!! FACEBOOK HELL... and Firefox... uggh.. v55 is supposed to have fixed it but it doesn't look like the fix was including in ESR v52.3... anyway that list..

CRASHES
8/18/17 = 1
8/19/17 = 11!!!
8/20/17 = 2
8/21/17 = 5

and th last one before this set was on
8/7/17 = 4

so its not always happening... its strange
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:Yep. I'm searching for a replacement. I like SeaMonkey a lot, but it doesn't have the same tab behavior as FX (I'm so used to the way FX handles tabs). Pale Moon is quite fast, although I had to find alternative add-ons to my regular ones because it doesn't support all of my old ones. Waterfox is looking quite good. The current Windows version uses the Firefox profile and everything is exactly the same. When the new version is released (55.0.1), it will have it's own profile folder, separating it from FX.
Have you tried Vivaldi?
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

WildcatRay wrote:Have you tried Vivaldi?
No. I'm wanting to keep to a Mozilla style browser so I can keep my add-ons. If everything goes away (eventually it will) Vivaldi is on my list for a try-out.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
phloo

Post by phloo »

phloo wrote:Hi, I tried to find a solution for my problem with the bookmark toolbar.
It lost the dropdown arrows and the space around the names.

Firefox 55.0.2
Latest version of plugin

Old vs current

fixed it myself using this code

Code: Select all

#PlacesToolbarItems toolbarbutton .toolbarbutton-menu-dropmarker { 
  display: block !important;
}
#PlacesToolbarItems .toolbarbutton-text { 
  margin-left: 2px !important;
  margin-right: 2px !important;
} 
moitreker

Post by moitreker »

Aris
Hello! Thanks for the Classic Theme Restaurant !
I tried to install Classic Theme Restaurant in Palemoon 27.4.1, but I have an incompatibility error! http://cdn1.savepice.ru/uploads/2017/8/ ... e-full.jpg
Is it possible to turn the Classic Theme Restorer settings into css code and add it to the userChrome.css file that was in the profile folder in the Chrome folder ?
Or by Stylish ?
Thank you very much for your help!
Mudder

Post by Mudder »

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:Have you tried Vivaldi?
No. I'm wanting to keep to a Mozilla style browser so I can keep my add-ons. If everything goes away (eventually it will) Vivaldi is on my list for a try-out.

Me too, I thought to find alternatives, K-Meleon was looking good except no YT video and the author had a HDD crash may use Chrome just for YT.
Also want to have the security of AdBlockPlus and NoScript, too late, mistakenly loaded FF 55.0.1 portable, so will have to install FFESR beside FF regular, reload all the extensions on the ESR, with a new profile and then see if just copy and paste the key3.db and login.json into the new/empty 'Saved Passwords Editor' on the ESR hoping it will work.
I have;
AdBlockPlus\
CTR
Cookie Controller
Download Status Bar
Flagfox
FDM extension 2.2.3
HTTPS Everywhere
NoScript
Saved Passwword Editor
and
User Agent Switcher
--all labelled as legacy, need ABP, NoScript, HTTPS, for security and what is going to happen to the Saved Passwords Editor, am I going to lose all my
passwords next year? Some one had better come up with some good replacements.
Can't show a picture, tinypic isn't co-operating, but the way I like my FF is, tabs on bottom (got used to the curved ones though) url and search in the middle, with the buttons, then menu bar on top, more or less like FF4. Do not like the other browsers where tabs are on top.
Sign me...Frustrated as hell.
If it ain't broke [talking to you,Mozilla] don't fix it, and I had a clean stable use for years, even when the portable versions were occasionally slow, nothing that couldn't be fixed by a good cache clearing.
EDIT: Found the three files in the FF regular 55, key3.db, signons.sqlite {hope I spelled that right} and because of the editor, logins.json, copied them to another media, then dropped them or I should say overwrote the ones that were already in the ESR version and it worked, so answered my own question, no I won't lose my passwords, if I keep them secure and separate. Getting the ESR and regular running together was a little bit trickier. Had to locate the .ini files in the regular, go to the sample one under the 'Other' folder, copy it to the FF root and edit the 'AllowMultipleInstances" to true
but keep the ESR version as it is. Remembering to launch the ESR first, then the FF regular. Then for myself, made the ESR the default browser and now the regular becomes the test bed to see what changes Mozilla {how?} affects in the regular channel, including affecting Classic Theme Restorer!
Then see what WE come down the pike for the regular version, not going to like it when 57 breaks CTR, but the ESR at least tides me over until I can make up my mind if I'm going to jump ship or stick with FF.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

fireattack wrote:Perhaps has been asked, but old search UI is dead in Fx 56?
Just noticed that... ](*,)
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
max2

Post by max2 »

So long my old friend Classic Theme Restorer! You will be missed.
Mudder

Post by Mudder »

Well, 55.0.2 portable already has an effect on my Classic Theme Restorer, I have to do a dance where I disable it, restart, re-enable, restart and the settings click in. In a setup where , after a few fumbles, I got ESR, now default and regular able to run in parallel. The regular being a test bed now to see what WEs can replace what i use now, though looking at alternatives, like Qupzilla, every bit as customizable as Firefox used to be, indeed with the desktop theme I use, beginning with Win7s classic theme and colouring it [with fonts] to look like the old "Maple" theme from 2000Pro/XPPro. Makes it look much like FF3. The only glitch so far is password migration, which didn't work the first, second or third attempt, nor any integration with Free Download Manager. Will keep working on the former and request the author work with FDM to make an extension or any kind of integration.
Aris

Post by Aris »

phloo wrote:Hi, I tried to find a solution for my problem with the bookmark toolbar.

Firefox 55.0.2
Latest version of plugin

Old vs current

http://i.imgur.com/WDu9tmC.jpg

}
} 
Are those toolbar buttons or bookmark folders in your screenshot? Haven't seen those dropmarkers on bookmarks toolbar in Firefox 52+ for Windows.
Melchior82 wrote:YUP!! FF v52.x ESR is the way to go for now... OR
move to Waterfox once v55.0.1 is released for windows at least.. Linux and MAC binaries are out already
he is waiting for the signing token to arrive so he can sign the binaries...

EDIT1:

I have been having A LOT of constant crashing on FF v52.x
tabs always open
-email, GMAIL, Facebook, YouTube
plus other tabs as needed..

considering my only update was to CTR
From: Classic Theme Restorer (Customize UI)(v1.6.9_beta8)_fx(v45-v56)
To : Classic Theme Restorer (Customize UI)(v1.7.0_Beta1)_fx(v45-v56)

so I downgraded to last version...
and did teh required restart it LOCKED on just after the old tabs showed up I had to force kill the process...
it seems fine now... will see if it stops the crashes...

BUT THEN AGAIN... FF has a JavaScript bug especially with Facebook that was Supposedly
FIXED with v55 BUT it appears they didn't BOTHER to back port it to the v52.x branch of code...!!!!????
Not sure about the connection to CTR, because the only change between those two CTR builds was a css tweak for some dropmarkers, nothing more.

Did you have those crashes month ago when Fx 52.0 was on release channel?
L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:This may have been mentioned earlier, but do you have any plans to keep CTR and CTB alive for alternate browsers such as Waterfox once FX esr's go by the wayside?
Although I had no real plans to this for Firefox forks, I will update my add-ons as long as possible for Firefox 52ESR. Hopefully Firefox forks, that do not change the ui the way Firefox 57 does, will not need add-on updates.

moitreker wrote:Aris
Hello! Thanks for the Classic Theme Restaurant !
I tried to install Classic Theme Restaurant in Palemoon 27.4.1, but I have an incompatibility error! http://cdn1.savepice.ru/uploads/2017/8/ ... e-full.jpg
Is it possible to turn the Classic Theme Restorer settings into css code and add it to the userChrome.css file that was in the profile folder in the Chrome folder ?
Or by Stylish ?
Thank you very much for your help!
CTR was created to get rig of the Australis ui in Firefox 29+. Palemoon never offered that ui, so CTR was never intended to work with Palemoon. Feel free to use any css code you find in CTR in Stylish/userChrome.css on Palemoon. Some things might work well others not so much.
mightyglydd wrote:
fireattack wrote:Perhaps has been asked, but old search UI is dead in Fx 56?
Just noticed that... ](*,)
Yes, 'old search' does not work in Firefox 56 anymore. Switch to Fx52ESR, if you want to use it.
max2 wrote:So long my old friend Classic Theme Restorer! You will be missed.
Its dying, but not dead yet. ;-)
Mudder wrote:Well, 55.0.2 portable already has an effect on my Classic Theme Restorer, I have to do a dance where I disable it, restart, re-enable, restart and the settings click in. In a setup where , after a few fumbles, I got ESR, now default and regular able to run in parallel.
Sound like browser profile corruption or incompatibility between CTR and other add-ons. Does this happen on a new Fx55/56 (portable) profile with only CTR installed?
phloo

Post by phloo »

Aris wrote:

Firefox 55.0.2
Latest version of plugin

Old vs current

http://i.imgur.com/WDu9tmC.jpg

}
} 
Are those toolbar buttons or bookmark folders in your screenshot? Haven't seen those dropmarkers on bookmarks toolbar in Firefox 52+ for Windows.
Oops, I am on a Mac. Didn't know there are different dropmarkers for the OS.
This is a screenshot of the bookmark toolbar below the address bar.

The icon for the webdeveloper extension is still hidden but not of a big problem.