[EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
sundancer268

Re: [EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Post by sundancer268 »

Don't know what happened, but ForcastFox reverted to New York and will not allow me to change Locations. I have disabled NoScript, Privacy Badger and Ghostery with no effect. If I am stuck with New York, I will have to remove Forecast Fox again. it is a shame as I have always liked this extension.
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

Go back to Forecastfox 2.4.8 or earlier which will allow you to add cities. Any of the later versions will not due to some changes.
Once you have your cities you can then update to latest version. I would suggest after you get it right you backup the ForecastFox
folder and it's information for use in the future.
sundancer268

Post by sundancer268 »

Have a link where 2.4.8 can be found. I did verify Forecast Fox works properly in MS Edge new edition.
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

sundancer268 wrote:Have a link where 2.4.8 can be found. I did verify Forecast Fox works properly in MS Edge new edition.

I don't know of a 2.4.8, there is 2.4.6 listed as latest on AMO (addons.mozilla.org)

EDIT 2.4.6 here and I can change locations OK. I'm on the latest Nightly, (93)
druseljic

Post by druseljic »

Hello, found this add on and I really like it except for one major problem. When I close firefox and open it again, the space where the icon is located is blank. If I try to load any page, it just loops endlessly not loading anything until I manually turn off this add on. So each time I load firefox, I must disable and then re-enable the add-on or no pages will load. Is there a fix for this? I've read some of the replies and don't see anyone else having this problem. I have tried disabling other addons but that did not change the problem.

Edit: A reinstall of Firefox fixed the issue. Something was wrong on my end, not in the extension. This is actually a very nice weather add on.
sundancer268

Post by sundancer268 »

New Issue, Forecast Bar disappears unless I have the settings page active. Even if I have the tab available but suspended the Forecast bar will disappear. It is only available if I have the settings page active and not suspended. This happens no matter what corner I have set for the Forecast Bar. FireFox is at the latest update and the problem is still there. Windows 10 Home is up to date also. Any ideas?
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

Forecastfox is showing the wrong dates for the current and future forecasts for both Apex, NC 27502
and also for Wayne, NJ 07470 .. It was fine a day or so ago ... Please get the programmers at Accuweather
to get this fixed ... Thank you
netllama

Post by netllama »

Is this extension still supported? Seems that the website no longer resolves ( www.s3blog.org ) and the last update was over a year ago (Nov 2020).
iammike

Post by iammike »

^Wondering that as well.

It stopped working for me today!!

Any good alternatives around???
Cassette

Post by Cassette »

I also had the extension stop working today, but for only one of my computers. After much frustration I figured out it was a DNS issue. On the working computer I was using OpenDNS and the other used the default setting. Once I switched the non-working one over to OpenDNS it started working again. Try using a different DNS.
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

iammike wrote:^Wondering that as well.

It stopped working for me today!!

Any good alternatives around???
This is what I found:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ent=search

I found it worthwhile to pay the small fee to upgrade, which provides such things as Winter Weather Alerts, of which one is available now, Snow Alerts, and Red Flag Warnings (once a fire chief, always a fire chief).
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

Most of day yesterday I was not getting weather data from any site in my list, radar was working. This morning without doing anything it started working again.
Dzaka

Post by Dzaka »

TheVisitor wrote:Most of day yesterday I was not getting weather data from any site in my list, radar was working. This morning without doing anything it started working again.
yeah their website that forecastfox connects through the https://www.s3blog.org/forecastfox.html is on a server that keeps going down.. been happening off and on for 2 weeks
GBinHoosick

Post by GBinHoosick »

Hello. For the past 2 days, the radar feature is not working, if the "system" radar option is chosen. The time, shown in the upper left corner of the radar display, rapidly cycles in ~ 2 hour and 15 minute increments, but no radar images appear on the map, even though it's currently raining in my location. This is happening in both the latest Firefox and Chrome browsers, and other users have reported the same problem on the Google Groups support page. Any fix you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I will add that the radar feature does work if the "windy.com" radar option is chosen, but I personally don't find that one to be as good as the "system" option, as it isn't animated by default, so that it's necessary to click on the "Play" arrow to put the radar in motion, and it's less sharp and less visually appealing.
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

I just checked and the radar is now working again, at least for me. I had noticed it not updating for a couple days now.