[EXT] Download Manager (S3)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
siffemoz

Re: [EXT] Download Manager (S3)

Post by siffemoz »

Download Manager (S3) breaks https://virustotal.com on FF 84. It first causes solving a captcha, which has never happened before. Then when you click to search a URL, the screen only shows blank results trying to load.
[HYBRID BEING]

Post by [HYBRID BEING] »

DM behaves weird on https://allcorrectgames.com/ - it just stretches up to the top of the page, fully overlapping it.
Dreamer8

Post by Dreamer8 »

Hello, I just found this extension, so first, thank you for creating it.

I found some bugs, issues, I'm not sure if this is the right place, if not, please let me know and I'll repost them.

I'm using Download Manager (S3) 5.12, Firefox 85.0.2 (64-bit), Windows 10 20H2 64-bit.

#1 Max height option can't be changed, it's greyed-out.

#2 Downloads bar is invisible if the link path is shown.

#3 File extension is not shown, usually the name is show in format like "Filena...zip".

#4 File icon is not shown for .zip file (possibly also others), even if the icon is shown in the tooltip, icon for .txt file is shown.

#5 Downloads panel blink once when switching to new tab.

#6 If the Summary progress is shown on the left, items on the right change position, so it's moving all the time, if "1" is there, it's moved left, if other numbers are there, it's moved to right, more if there is "22", then it's change to "11". Fixed width for Summary progress and other items would fixed this issue.

#7 Request: Show the Progress Notifications in the second row, currently it uses 4 lines and the panel height must be huge to show them all correctly, then 90% of space is empty.

#8 Request: Use icons for Clear button.

#9 Request: Option to use large icons for all buttons.

#10 Request: Option to hide text for Downloads and Clear buttons (if icon for Clear button will be added).

#11 Request: Default dark color scheme, easier way to change all colors, as option, or automatically use browser/system mode.

#12 Request: Option for single-click with left button to:
- open file (without confirmation dialog, if possible)
- open containing folder
- open containing folder in custom program (file manager), not in Windows Explorer

Thank you.
Dreamer8

Post by Dreamer8 »

#13 Bug: Sites opened in background are scrolled to wrong poistion.

I can reproduce it with this addon enabled, no problem if addon is disabled.

To reproduce just middle click multiple red icons for new posts in phpBB forum.
Possibly you need to use large font size and some additional options.
Downloads bar can be DISABLED/hidden, still have this bug.

I have this bug also on other sites, probably all sites are affected, not just phpBB.

I had to disable this addon for this bug, so it's unusable for me.

BTW Anyone is reading this? Is there any other way to report bugs for this addon?
CiTay

Post by CiTay »

I would just forget about this extension, sadly. No updates in 1 1/2 years to any of his extensions, the author doesn't seem to care anymore.
Dreamer8

Post by Dreamer8 »

Thanks for the reply, it is even "Recommended", but it has too many bugs, I could live with all, except the last one, random page scrolling when opening tabs in background.

It's a shame, that Firefox don't have any integrated downloads bar as other web browsers.
brand404

Post by brand404 »

When downloading it now appears behind the status bar as it downloads. See pic

In this pic it is downloading something (the orange) but the status bar is overtop hiding it. This bug appeared after updating to the latest Firefox.

UPDATE: - Solved!
-21grams

Post by -21grams »

siffemoz wrote:Download Manager (S3) breaks https://virustotal.com on FF 84. It first causes solving a captcha, which has never happened before. Then when you click to search a URL, the screen only shows blank results trying to load.
We’re currently on version 88 and Download Manager (S3) is still causing infinite loops, CAPTCHA after CAPTCHA after CAPTCHA.
Who would have thought an extension of this type would have such an effect?

Any news from the developer?
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Last updated
2 years ago (Jul 4, 2019)
"Its dead Jim"
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Bultro

Post by Bultro »

when launching a large number of downloads, even if settings are to execute them one or few at a time, S3 immediately sends and pauses requests for ALL of them. The problem is that most websites don't like such a flood and reject everything. Can't it just request 1, download 1, request 2, download 2...? Am I missing some setting?
SorryForMyEN

Post by SorryForMyEN »

Hi!... please, how to set the color of the info text which is on the right of the download box? The appearance > style > color > text setting only has an effect on the download title which is to the left of the box. Thanks
BlackholeForever

Post by BlackholeForever »

Bultro wrote:when launching a large number of downloads, even if settings are to execute them one or few at a time, S3 immediately sends and pauses requests for ALL of them. The problem is that most websites don't like such a flood and reject everything. Can't it just request 1, download 1, request 2, download 2...? Am I missing some setting?
SAME PROBLEM here... "QUEUE MODE" doesn't seem to be functioning... resulting in CANCELLED downloads (from host/website).

For what it's worth, SWITCHING to the "DownThemAll!" extension FIXED IT for me.
Alex Beer

Post by Alex Beer »

Hi, I would appreciate if
1) can rename files from extension interface
2) Possibility to add some preset of bash commands to execute from extension interfece that can have a given downloaded file as argument
Thanks
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Last updated
3 years ago (Jul 4, 2019)

Still Dead
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
FeMaster

Post by FeMaster »

Since this seems to gone the way of the dodo bird, are there any suggestions for similar extensions that are currently working / still being updated? I've browsed a little bit, but haven't come across any alternatives. Just checking to see if anybody else has come across a decent "download status bar" type of extension I can try out.

Thanks!