[Ext]Vertical Bookmarks Toolbar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Alice0775

Re: [Ext]Vertical Bookmarks Toolbar

Post by Alice0775 »

jynx wrote:Alice0775 is it possible to do my suggestion of having an option to make the menu show over the page instead of sliding the page along? It's something I would really love to see.

Probably it will be possible.
I think that the function should be realized by another extension to avoid coming to have difficulty with the maintenance of these extensions.
jynx

Post by jynx »

OK.

I'm unsure whether an extension like that exists already (I don't think so though).. I have seen some themes (copying IE7) that make the bookmarks window show over the page rather than slide it so I'm sure it is possible, but unsure what an extension like that would be called.

Something else you might want to consider is making drop-down menu (from clicking a folder) placed slightly from the left had side of the page (or right hand side) it would make scrolling through folders easier, perhaps an option to make the menu appear to the side of the bar? Also I do not think the auto-hide feature should work when there is a folder menu open.. if you have a menu open and scroll off the bar (with auto-hide scrolling on) the bar with close but the menu will still be up.. also you can scroll off the bar when navigating the mouse through the menus.
ethsen

Post by ethsen »

This is a great extension, I've always wanted a left sidebar for my bookmarks. Although I'm having several issues. On full screen (F11) the sidebar is there but the bookmarks/icons disappear. Also the toolbar only allows me to add enough bookmarks to fill about half way and then displays ">>" arrows... the rest of the bar is always empty. Lastly one line separators appear as big white spaces.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6830/sidebark.png
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

Version 2.2 released.
Fixed - Toolbuttons are not displayed in the full-screen mode.
Fixed - Bug 449736 - [Bookmarks Toolbar]Chevron is not displayed when window width was narrowed.
Improved - Compatibility with Firefox 3.2a1pre

ethsen wrote:Also the toolbar only allows me to add enough bookmarks to fill about half way and then displays ">>" arrows... the rest of the bar is always empty. Lastly one line separators appear as big white spaces.

I can not reproduce the issue.
Cas07

Post by Cas07 »

is it possible to have an option that can shift the drop-down box for a live bookmark to the right (or left depending on side) by 10px or more so that it does not cover the bookmarks below.

i hope this make sense?
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

Version 2.3 released
The popup menu position was changed beside the folder button.
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

Version 2.4 released.
Fixed bug: If set to automatically hide, While opening the menu, the tool bar should not be hidden.
Cas07

Post by Cas07 »

absolutely perfect! thanks a lot, you're a star!! :D
Soul Stealer

Post by Soul Stealer »

Hmmm ... I seem to have a problem. It doesn't want to install. Gives me an error. I even tried the 'download with IE then install in Firefox trick' and that gave me an error as well. :(
It's like I said.
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

Nite Owl II wrote:Hmmm ... I seem to have a problem. It doesn't want to install. Gives me an error. I even tried the 'download with IE then install in Firefox trick' and that gave me an error as well. :(

See
INSTANT HELP — Frequently Asked Questions
Unable to install extensions or themes
husqvarnaff

Post by husqvarnaff »

When I use fullscreen the sidebar becomes empty. The sidebar is there but there are no icons, just an empty space.
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

Version 2.5 released
Fixed - Toolbuttons are not displayed in the full-screen mode.(regression since version2.3)
Fixed - Bug 449736 - [Bookmarks Toolbar]Chevron is not displayed when window width was narrowed.(regression since version2.3)
mejobloggs

Post by mejobloggs »

Hi Alice, this extension is awesome and just what I've been looking for :)

Would it be possible to include an option to have a skinny line? e.g: http://userstyles.org/styles/12725

Maybe have an option to turn off autohide so it's permanently visible, then make the line skinny. (Because if the line is skinny and the toolbar is 'shrunk' and you want to open it, the line might be too skinny to grab?)

Don' know if I've explain well, but I would love this feature
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

mejobloggs wrote:Hi Alice, this extension is awesome and just what I've been looking for :)

Would it be possible to include an option to have a skinny line? e.g: http://userstyles.org/styles/12725

Maybe have an option to turn off autohide so it's permanently visible, then make the line skinny. (Because if the line is skinny and the toolbar is 'shrunk' and you want to open it, the line might be too skinny to grab?)

Don' know if I've explain well, but I would love this feature

Example css: thin splitter and grippy.

Code: Select all

@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);
#vbt_splitter{
width: 0px !important;
min-width: 0px !important;
border-left-width:0px !important;
border-right-width:1px !important;
}
#vbt_splitter grippy{
width: 3px !important;