[Ext] OpenDownload² 4.2.0

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Tuxman

Re: [Ext] OpenDownload² 4.0.0

Post by Tuxman »

Status update: Firefox 38 compatibility granted.
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

As I don't want my users to have to look at Arcor's advertisements all the time, I decided to write a new website for OpenDownload2.

http://mozilla.tuxproject.de/opendownload2

Notable changes:

1. Slightly improved page layout.
  2. No ads.
  3. A Python-powered backend, allowing me more flexibility than the old plain HTML site.

I will release the (previously announced) v4.0.1 within the next few hours.

The new website is hosted on a paid server. Maybe this is a good moment to donate ... :mrgreen:
alexo

Post by alexo »

If you could look at the issue of executed downloads disappearing from the history, I would appreciate it.
I am using the S3 Download Manager, but it also happened with Download Statusbar. I can see the download progressing in the list, but as soon as it executes, it is gone.

Thanks.
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

I assume those other extensions to fail here. I'm not sure how to work around these issues.
alexo

Post by alexo »

How would those other extensions even know that OD2 is involved?
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

They don't, but neither do I.
Anyway, they obviously interfere with Firefox's download manager which OD2 is trying to access.
zendor911

Re: [Ext] OpenDownload² 4.0.1

Post by zendor911 »

I am having an issue with this extension and the execution of batch files. The batch file appears to start executing but only a blank command prompt briefly displays with nothing actually happening. When I "save" the same file and then run it everything works correctly. Also, if I "Run" the file with Internet Explorer the file executes successfully. The batch file installs a printer for the end-user. One other thing to note is that the same code works in a separate test server (2003 R2). The current server is 2012 and I am also wondering if that may have something to do with it. I took a look at all of the extension settings but I couldn't find anything that would actually allow the batch file to be executed without it actually doing anything. Help!
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

Hmm, a "batch file" is not an "executable file" in a technical matter. Could you post the file here? I guess it's just a problem with not correctly set paths.
zendor911

Post by zendor911 »

Batch file below:

RUNDLL32 PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /dn /q /n "\\CIDCSPRINT02\PUSCOLCIS001"
RUNDLL32 PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /in /n "\\CIDCSPRINT02\PUSCOLCIS001"
RUNDLL32 PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /y /n \\CIDCSPRINT02\PUSCOLCIS001
IF NOT EXIST "%allusersprofile%\Lexmark Universal v2 PS3 (2.2.5.0)\Lexmark MX710 Series.gdl" (
COPY "\\CIDCSWPPSMRT14\PrintSmartDrivers\GDLFiles\Lexmark MX710 Series.gdl" "%allusersprofile%\Lexmark Universal v2 PS3 (2.2.5.0)\Lexmark MX710 Series.gdl"
)
IF NOT EXIST "%allusersprofile%\Lexmark Universal v2 PS3 (2.2.5.71)\Lexmark MX710 Series.gdl" (
COPY "\\CIDCSWPPSMRT14\PrintSmartDrivers\GDLFiles\Lexmark MX710 Series.gdl" "%allusersprofile%\Lexmark Universal v2 PS3 (2.2.5.71)\Lexmark MX710 Series.gdl"
)
IF NOT EXIST "%allusersprofile%\Lexmark Universal v2 PS3 (2.2.5.78)\Lexmark MX710 Series.gdl" (
COPY "\\CIDCSWPPSMRT14\PrintSmartDrivers\GDLFiles\Lexmark MX710 Series.gdl" "%allusersprofile%\Lexmark Universal v2 PS3 (2.2.5.78)\Lexmark MX710 Series.gdl"
)

Thanks
zendor911

Post by zendor911 »

If I modify the batch file to only have a PAUSE line it still does not work when the "Run" option is selected from Firefox. Saving the file and then running it will, however bring up a command prompt with a "press any key to continue" statement.
zendor911

Post by zendor911 »

*Bump
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

Sorry - no real solution found yet. :(

(Slightly OT: OpenDownload² will probably be unmaintained when Firefox stops supporting XUL. I won't have enough time to migrate to a different framework just because Mozilla does not want to allow maximum flexibility anymore.)
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

Random announcement: I decided to make OD2 a Pale Moon and Seamonkey add-on as soon as Mozilla drops its last real advantage. Stay tuned.
alexo

Post by alexo »

Tuxman wrote:They don't, but neither do I.
Anyway, they obviously interfere with Firefox's download manager which OD2 is trying to access.

I spoke to the author of the S3 download manager.

He pointed me to the following line in the OD2 code:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... oad.js#L61

The "yield list.remove(d)" does remove the downloaded file from the list, which is the behaviour that I am talking about. Removing the line solves the issue.

I understand that this behaviour may be desirable by some, but it could be made a configuration item.

There were cases when I needed to cancel an installation in the middle and having an convenient option to re-run it will be appreciated.
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

Ah, so the actual problem is that those two actually interfere with OpenDownload2? I haven't used either of those two for quite a long time, the last "download manager" I use is FlashGot with DTA! which does not change the behavior...

I admit this is a good point. I will add a new config. setting in 4.0.2 - would a new about:config entry work for you or do you actually need a configuration dialog?