[Ext] OpenDownload² 4.2.0

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Tuxman

Re: [Ext] OpenDownload² 4.0.0

Post by Tuxman »

Well, generally thanks for that, but OD² actually just uses the default Firefox/Gecko API. Maybe Download Status Bar only watches the Download directory itself?

If its author has a clue, I'd love to squash this bug with him, no matter what causes it. :) I guess it's just some listener that fails.
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

I just received an e-mail that Fx 32 should work well with OD².
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

Uploaded 4.0.1-pre1 with new ru-RU locale and explicit e10s compatibility. Please test.
pabouk

Post by pabouk »

I have installed version 4.0.0 in Firefox 32.0.3 on Ubuntu 14.04. The idea of the plugin is great! Thank you. Unfortunately the plugin does not work as expected :(

I tried to open files with suffix .pcapng provided by the web server with MIME type application/octet-stream.
The desktop file manager correctly opens the files in Wireshark but the new option in Firefox "Open with default Linux x86_64 application" opens the file in gedit (text editor) which is also the default for the original option of Firefox "Open with".

Can I do something to resolve the problem? Thank you.
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

Not sure if this isn't how it should actually work, internally. I can't test under all Linuxes...

Maybe someone has an idea?
pabouk

Post by pabouk »

Unfortunately I am not familiar with Javascript and not at all with Firefox addons but I have tried to look into the plugin.

Do I understand it correctly that in the current versions of Firefox the addon uses the class Download to download and launch the file? The launch of the file itself is this code in opendownload.js calling the launch() method?

Code: Select all

let res = d.whenSucceeded().then(function() {
   d.launch(); // run it!
});

What should the property contentType contain? Is it the MIME type supplied by the web server - in my case application/octet-stream? If yes then I do not understand how can the functionality of your addon significantly differ from the default Firefox option "Open with".

For experimenting with the addon code is it possible to simply extract the opendownload.jar archive to the directory where it is and then directly edit the files?
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

OpenDownload2 uses various download methods depending on Fx versions. Current Firefox versions use Downloads.jsm, yes.

contentType is the MIME type reported to Firefox. The difference is that the radiobox automatically selects the OS's default method instead of the one chosen by the user.
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

Fx 34 should be supported.
delicacy

Post by delicacy »

opendownload4

Died in palemoon v25.3.1
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

Died?
delicacy

Post by delicacy »

Yes, in palemoon v25.3.1, the window with the various selections (second photo of your addon review on mozilla) doesn't pop-up, i keep getting the minimal "save" classic dialog.
it ceased working
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

Anything in the Error Console?
delicacy

Post by delicacy »

Taxman, it works, i had forgotten the system of your addon. i was seeing too many open/save firefox related windows & was wondering what happened, i forgot that i had set some files for saving automatically in "options/applications", ur addon workds fine
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

Phew. :)
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

4.0.1-pre2 (available in the Developer Channel) explicitly adds Pale Moon support. Mind to test?