[Ext] OpenDownload² 4.2.0

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
ultramage

Re: [Ext] OpenDownload² 4.2.0

Post by ultramage »

Hi, just a random code bugreport for 4.2.1. In /chrome/opendownload.jar/content/cleanup.js, the whole thing has broken scope nesting and indentation. The "if (!openDownloadCleanup.loaded) {" statement is not closed properly, the closing bracket is missing. Instead, on its level of indentation is the closing bracket and comma separator of the enclosing function. The remainder of the file is also incorrectly indented as a result (probably done automatically). The broken script means OpenDownload never cleans up its temporary download directory.

Also, any idea why this addon unpacks its contents, instead of staying as a single .xpi file?
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

Thank you for the report. I’ll look into it tomorrow.
And no, sorry. As I indicated before, I stopped watching any API changes quite some time ago. Maybe there’s a new flag for that or something.
mikezilla2

Post by mikezilla2 »

as of firefox 89 this addon still impossible ? i hear CSS is coming along somewhat

https://www.ghacks.net/2021/06/01/firef ... e-changes/
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

CSS is not the problem, adding GUI elements is.
naqaden

Post by naqaden »

I'm trying out Waterfox Classic 2021.06 r24. Some file types (executables?) don't display open options, only offering to save or cancel. This happens with JAR files for example, even though in Waterfox's Options > Applications, "JAR file" is set to "Always ask" like other file types. Is there a setting that would allow OD2 to handle these?
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

No, not really. I would assume that maybe Waterfox handles them differently?
naqaden

Post by naqaden »

Tuxman wrote:No, not really. I would assume that maybe Waterfox handles them differently?
It seems like a recent change in Waterfox Classic. I'd hoped OD2 aimed to support it and Palemoon given their suggestions. Thanks for all the time it saved while it worked though!
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

I tried to support as much as possible, but it has become gradually harder to keep up.

Is there anything relevant in the Developer Console when you open a Save window?
naqaden

Post by naqaden »

Tuxman wrote:Is there anything relevant in the Developer Console when you open a Save window?
Yes. When I open a direct link to a JAR file, the Browser Console prints this:

Code: Select all

TypeError: cancelBtn.watch is not a function[Learn More]  dialog_overlay.js:64:4
init chrome://opendownload/content/dialog_overlay.js:64:4
This doesn't happen with most other file types, with which the OD2 save dialog works as expected.
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

Hmm... fix (idea): Add "//" before said line? That should only affect the UI..
naqaden

Post by naqaden »

Tuxman wrote:Hmm... fix (idea): Add "//" before said line? That should only affect the UI..
This brought the Run button back, but it was stuck in a disabled state. Additionally commenting out the line above (ln 63, responsible for setting the disabled attribute) did the trick for me. Thanks for the guidance!
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

I wish I had commented the code so I'd know why I added the line. :D

Does Waterfox have its own Add-on site?
naqaden

Post by naqaden »

Tuxman wrote:Does Waterfox have its own Add-on site?
Not that I'm aware of. It's not uncommon to find them around github.
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

I see. As I (personally) have stopped using Firefox and its descendants in 2017, I would invite you to maintain this version?
naqaden

Post by naqaden »

Tuxman wrote:I see. As I (personally) have stopped using Firefox and its descendants in 2017, I would invite you to maintain this version?
Thank you for the vote of confidence, but I really shouldn't. I do hope someone better-positioned for this comes along!