HistoryInTab 0.1.06 (July 10, 2009 Minor Update)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
TrevorHart1

Re: HistoryInTab 0.1 (Jan 7, 2009 Initial Release)

Post by TrevorHart1 »

Hi,

I was wondering about FF3.5 compatibility as well. I really have appreciated having HistoryInTab!

Trevor
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

Euchre wrote:Will this need any changes for 3.5? It's listed in the addons check as one of the items that isn't compatible, but I figure that may just be because of the maxversion not being bumped up yet.

and

TrevorHart1 wrote:Hi,

I was wondering about FF3.5 compatibility as well. I really have appreciated having HistoryInTab!

Trevor

It is compatible with 3.5 as is just needs a maxVersion bump, but there's some minor adjustments that I'd like to make before updating the version on AMO. I haven't had a chance yet but will do it shortly. In the meantime you can click here to download HistoryInTab 0.1.06

edited: fixed quotes ( quoted Trevor 2 times instead of quoting both Trevor and Euchre)
Last edited by AnonEmoose on July 7th, 2009, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Euchre

Post by Euchre »

I think you mean to quote me in one of those. Thanks for the update, and I appreciate your efforts. Please don't rush the adjustments for my sake - keep up the great work. Thanks for the bump version for the meantime.
Gecko
One Rendering Engine to rule them all.
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

Euchre wrote:I think you mean to quote me in one of those. Thanks for the update, and I appreciate your efforts. Please don't rush the adjustments for my sake - keep up the great work. Thanks for the bump version for the meantime.

Yep I meant to add your quote.. I edited my previous reply and fixed the quotes
Euchre

Post by Euchre »

Dandy, as is the maxVersion bump. Woot!

Oh yeah, OpenDNS doesn't like the domain you are hosted on. I sent feedback, and worked around the issue, but it could create a problem for others trying to get the bumped installer.
Gecko
One Rendering Engine to rule them all.
AnonEmoose

Re: HistoryInTab 0.1.06 (July 10, 2009 Minor Update)

Post by AnonEmoose »

Minor Update - July 10, 2009 (version 0.1.06)
download HistoryInTab 0.1.06. Download also available at AMO
-FIXED: MaxVersion bump to 3.6a1pre
-FIXED: Missing option to remove Dropdown Menu from Toolbar button. Set "hisTab.Button.removeMenu" to true
-ADDED: Add Multiple Bookmarks to one Folder (select multiple entries & rightclick)
NiGHTsC

Post by NiGHTsC »

AnonEmoose

Could you add few more choices in "View" - "Sort"?
I noticed that we can not sort "By Date and Site", which have "folder" for each days and site, similar to FF3 History.
and "By Site", which have "folder" only for sites and not for days, similar to FF3 History , yah again.

These 2 are from FF3 History and it would be great if we can do the same thing with your HistoryInTab, in the big tab.

Thank you.
Love your EHM and HistoryInTab
RNiK

Post by RNiK »

Interesting extensions. It's a pity that AMO search function do penalize your extension making it almost impossible to find. :?

Using "tab history" (without quotes) as keyword HistoryInTab is on 76th position.
Using "history tab" (without quotes) as keyword HistoryInTab isn't found at all. :(
MondoWin ==> Italian site for information about MS Windows tweaking
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

NiGHTsC wrote:AnonEmoose

Could you add few more choices in "View" - "Sort"?
I noticed that we can not sort "By Date and Site", which have "folder" for each days and site, similar to FF3 History.
and "By Site", which have "folder" only for sites and not for days, similar to FF3 History , yah again.

These 2 are from FF3 History and it would be great if we can do the same thing with your HistoryInTab, in the big tab.

Thank you.
Love your EHM and HistoryInTab

Hopefully I've understood your request.

By default HistoryInTab just uses the FireFox's own (full) Places(History & Bookmarks) in a tab which does not have the "View" menu. You can change this behavior and open instead HistoryInTab's "history-panel", which is based on FireFox's History Sidebar and has the "View" menu, in the tab. This can be done by changing the value of the preference hisTab.Use.Win from 0 to 1 via about:config

Here is the description of the preference.
/* ****The "hisTab.Use.Win" pref decides which window to open in a tab***
* Change to suit your needs.
* 0 = FireFox's "places" (default)
* 1 = HistoryInTab's "history-panel"
* 2 = Custom window specified in "hisTab.Use.CustLocation"
* **** **** */