Update: WebMailCompose 0.6 extension (September 17th)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

alanjstr wrote:Any chance you can take over the Read Mail and New Message menu items under Tools?

Yes, you can expect that for 0.5.
Although I'm not sure as what to do for Read Mail and Read News.
Should I just take them out? Or only overlay the "New message" and "Send Link" ?
Thanks

-Jed
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

Well, read mail can go to mail.yahoo.com, etc., so I'd just overlay that. Read News could go to Google's news site, or their nntp site.
Former UMO Admin, Former MozillaZine General Mod
I am rarely on mozillaZine, so please do not send me a private message.
My Old Firefox config files
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

Ok, if you could try out WebMailCompose 0.5 (RC). It now overlays the Mail Toolbar and functions (context-menu, etc.)
Everything should work and point to your main account you have defined for left-click functionality.
FOr the "Read mail" feature, it defaults to GMail, you can set your prefered url in the prefs.

Thanks for the feedback.
Rowne Mastaile
Location: Housed in a swirling neosma of scintillating thought and turgid ideas.

Post by Rowne Mastaile »

Out of curiousity, did you ever check out the issue with running Tabbrowser Extensions and Compose together? It still seems to disable any links that call javascript functions.

For an exact example, you'd have to install TBX and then try this:

http://mastaile.mine.nu/webmailtest

I've mailed Shimoda about it too. Just thought I'd point that out now that I can provide an exact example, rather than a vague one.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Any chance of getting Excite Mail in the next version?
mitch_79

Re: Lycos Mail Integration

Post by mitch_79 »

jedbro wrote:
mitch_79 wrote:Great extension, really useful. But does anyone have any tips on how to make it work with lycos mail? I've tried using the other choice but it doesnt seem to work :-( Any chance of integrating it...

Thanks,

Mitch

I don't have a Lycos account, but it should be easy.
ust look athe the info that is sent when you reply to a message (Fake example: http://lycosserver.net/compose?to=dued@ ... t=Re:Hello)

Then add it to the "Other" selection. If you need help, post the info above and maybe someone can help you out.

On another note, I just release version 0.4.
All it does is adds support for Netscape/Opera/Squirrel and Horde webmail services.
Also fixes the bug where the Webmailcompose context menu item is always shown.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!
-Jed

Thanks for the info, will give it ago and report back. Keep up the good work!!
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

Rowne Mastaile wrote:Out of curiousity, did you ever check out the issue with running Tabbrowser Extensions and Compose together?

No, I havn't, I'll try it out and see what I can do. Usually it is not an issue with my extensions implementation, but instead how TBX/TBP/Window-Q handle mailto:links.
Do you know how I can contact the author?
Thanks
sasquatch wrote:Any chance of getting Excite Mail in the next version?

Sure. Do you know what the compose redirection url is? Once you find it, test it out in the "Other" section and if it works, send me the info and I'll add it.
Rowne Mastaile
Location: Housed in a swirling neosma of scintillating thought and turgid ideas.

Post by Rowne Mastaile »

Thanks Jed, I really appreciate that. I've been following each release of *Compose and Tabbrowser Extensions just to see if it gets fixed with changes of code but as I could still see it happening, I thought I'd drop a note. Don't worry, I'm not blaming you for it, not in the least. I suspected it was something like that from the talk earlier about TBP.

Anyway, I mailed Piro via this address (piro@p.club.ne.jp). It's the only address I could find listed on his site, I've had no reply back from him as of yet but one can hope.
RiVaL_SSJ

Post by RiVaL_SSJ »

Nice improvement in 0.5. Tested it out, works great. Send image, send link etc. works fine (I tested it for Mail.com) New Message, all of it works good. No, I do not have TBE. Options UI is better organized, title has been fixed. Great work!

Would be great to see an option for when you highlight text and right-click, in the context menu it would have an option to add that text to a new compose as the email body instead of the address...

For example:
Compose (server) from selected address.
Compose (server) as body from selected text.

Something like that, because not all the time you highlight an actual email address. Would be good for if you want so send a few brief lines to your friend or something. Could be an option to turn off/on compose as body or address in the options.

Thanks for reading and keep up the great work!
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

RiVaL_SSJ wrote:Could be an option to turn off/on compose as body or address in the options.

Glad it worked for you. Yeah, I'll look into that for the next release.
Right now my efforts are going to be focusing on BBCode an QuickNote for a awhile (and Doom3 :D). But I'll get back to WebMailCompose soon :)
omgwtf

Post by omgwtf »

0.5 works great :)
steamynachos

Post by steamynachos »

I have a problem sometimes when I select a picture, then when I click on WebMail Compose (gmail), I get an invalid page fault in MSVCRT.DLL.
"The best work is done in defiance of management"
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

feature request: Excite Mail
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

steamynachos wrote:I have a problem sometimes when I select a picture, then when I click on WebMail Compose (gmail), I get an invalid page fault in MSVCRT.DLL.

That is odd, are you righ-clicking in the image, or actually selecting the image as you woudl text, then trying to send the "selected email address"?

Thanks

sasquatch wrote:feature request: Excite Mail

Do you know the server info?
steamynachos

Post by steamynachos »

I'm selecting the image like it was text. Actually I think i clicked "select all" so I must've selected the entire page.
"The best work is done in defiance of management"