Update: WebMailCompose 0.6 extension (September 17th)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
kjarrett

Post by kjarrett »

rmjb wrote:What I don't get now though is the context menu. The regular left click works as does the middle click, but can't get the context menu to come up.
- rmjb

I don't have the context menu either. Had v.35, uninstalled, installed v5. Like it but am wondering where the right-click context menu went. Help!

TIA,

-kj-
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

kjarrett wrote:
rmjb wrote:What I don't get now though is the context menu. The regular left click works as does the middle click, but can't get the context menu to come up.
- rmjb

I don't have the context menu either. Had v.35, uninstalled, installed v5. Like it but am wondering where the right-click context menu went. Help!

TIA,

-kj-

Hmm, Odd. Have you dissabled the Context Menu options in the preferences?
If not, I suggest you uninstall the extension, restart firefox then install 0.5.
That should do it.
kjarrett

Post by kjarrett »

Did not disable the CM option. That would be stoopid. :)

Installed v.5 fine, works great, just no context menu.

Anything else we can check?

-kj-
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

kjarrett wrote:Did not disable the CM option. That would be stoopid. :)

Installed v.5 fine, works great, just no context menu.

Anything else we can check?

-kj-

That is very very odd. What extensions do you have installed?
The context menu will only apear over selected text or mailto: addresses.
Are you not getting any CM at all, or just no WebMailCompose menu items?
-Jed
ieremiou

Post by ieremiou »

I'm not sure why but when I left-click on email addresses with mailto: links.
Absolutely nothing happens and I have it set to use yahoo and such to do this.
But right-clicking and clicking WebComposeMail -> compose in yahoo works just fine.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050922 Firefox/1.6a1 - Build ID: 2005092210
kjarrett

Post by kjarrett »

I am seeing exactly what ieremiou is.

However I can HIGHLIGHT any text (incl a mailto) and it works great!
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

ieremiou wrote:I'm not sure why but when I left-click on email addresses with mailto: links.
Absolutely nothing happens and I have it set to use yahoo and such to do this.
But right-clicking and clicking WebComposeMail -> compose in yahoo works just fine.

Hmm. Odd again. Have you tried uninstalling and then re-installing?
If you use TBP or Window-Q WebMailCOmpose needs to be installed AFTER one of those two.
ieremiou

Post by ieremiou »

Yep, that appears to have been the problem. Stupid thing too because I had to redo my profile (at least I backup my bookmarks, history, formdata, cookies, and signon stuff.) Neither extension wanted to fully uninstall itself (they just removed themselves from the Extension Manager Listing) and when I removed them from application data. They both screwed up FireFox.

EDIT: I was using WMC and Windows-Qd11pass10
Last edited by ieremiou on August 8th, 2004, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050922 Firefox/1.6a1 - Build ID: 2005092210
kjarrett

Post by kjarrett »

jedbro wrote:If you use TBP or Window-Q WebMailCOmpose needs to be installed AFTER one of those two.

Not using either of those here........
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

kjarrett wrote:
jedbro wrote:If you use TBP or Window-Q WebMailCOmpose needs to be installed AFTER one of those two.

Not using either of those here........

Sounds like a corrupted Profile then. (?)
So the CM apears over highlighted text only? And left-clicking on mailto links work?
Thanks
kjarrett

Post by kjarrett »

>>So the CM apears over highlighted text only? And left-clicking on mailto links work?

Exactly!
aslate

Post by aslate »

I recently installed Service Pack 2, and now whenever i click a mailto: link, it opens up in Outlook Express instead of using Gmail in my browser. Any ideas on how to change this?
hbtaylor

Post by hbtaylor »

Rowne Mastaile wrote:Out of curiousity, did you ever check out the issue with running Tabbrowser Extensions and Compose together? It still seems to disable any links that call javascript functions.

For an exact example, you'd have to install TBX and then try this:

http://mastaile.mine.nu/webmailtest

I've mailed Shimoda about it too. Just thought I'd point that out now that I can provide an exact example, rather than a vague one.

Here is a "me, too" on that. I have TBE and WME installed, and I get the same results. For example, it I go to Google, the "Images", "Groups", and "News" links don't do anything if I click on them. I use Super Drag-N-Go and can drag them off to create a new tab or right-click and open in a new tab, but a left-click on them just exercises my clicking finger.

If I disable either of the two Extensions and restart FireFox (v0.9.2), the links work as expected. Since I installed WME last, I consider the problem started then. However, it is probably some interaction between the two in reality.

Thanks,

H.B.
shinji

Post by shinji »

It is a known conflict interaction between Webmail Compose (or Gmail Compose) and Tabbrowser Extensions. No known workaround at this time other than disabling one of the 2. A similar bug is found when using Gmail's address book but since disabling Webmail Compose does not help in that case it is likely TBE's fault. Using TBP and Webmail Compose at the same time does not generate any issues.
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

hbtaylor wrote:.. I have TBE and WME installed...

What is WME?
Yes, WebmailCompose does not currently work with TBE.
Supported tabbrowser extension are TBP and Window-Q.
I need to talk with Piro (TBE's author) and get this fixed... will see what I can do.
-Jed