[ext] NoScript 1.9 - Your Friendly Web Cop

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
nagan

Re: [ext] NoScript 1.9 - Your Friendly Web Cop

Post by nagan »

Giorgio Maone wrote:@nagan:
if there's no plugin, there's nothing for NoScript to block and therefore no placeholder.
Why does not FF give an indication? Either the web page is broken enough not to give room to the broken plugin content, or it's a Firefox bug.

Just to give a feedback on this issue.viewtopic.php?p=6025955#p6025955

The site works fine in IE. But in FF and NS ,even with temporarily allow all there is no reaction for a long time.Did it work for you?If there is nothing to be looked into ,I will file it in the FF bugs.
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@nagan:
Does anything change on a clean profile?
therube

Post by therube »

Don't like it. I'll get over it I suppose. Just figure it's easier to access at mozillazine.
Good luck :-).
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@therube:

Major complaints from NoScript users who (don't) post here are:
  1. lack of per-issue topics, making difficult to capitalize on past experiences
  2. Very long, unmanageable per-release topics
  3. need for registering in order to ask for support
All these 3 problems are fixed by the new forums, and the user interface is almost identical.
therube wrote:Just figure it's easier to access at mozillazine.

Why? :-k
therube

Post by therube »

(Because I'm here already. One less site to visit. One less login. One less password to remember. One less URL to remember. One less window opened.
We'll give it a go & see how it works :-).
Perhaps a sticky topic with a symbolic link from here to there, <but no XSS> ;-).)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
NanM

Post by NanM »

therube wrote:We'll give it a go & see how it works :-).

Very pleased to see that; the community needs power users =D>
GµårÐïåñ

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Giorgio Maone wrote:@therube:

Major complaints from NoScript users who (don't) post here are:
  1. lack of per-issue topics, making difficult to capitalize on past experiences
  2. Very long, unmanageable per-release topics
  3. need for registering in order to ask for support
All these 3 problems are fixed by the new forums, and the user interface is almost identical.
therube wrote:Just figure it's easier to access at mozillazine.

Why? :-k

Giorgio, I didn't know you prefer issues to be posted on your forum, I figured you like it here. Should we begin posting over there instead?
Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k
Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

therube wrote:We'll give it a go & see how it works :-).
Perhaps a sticky topic with a symbolic link from here to there, <but no XSS> ;-).)

It seems that the new forum requires javascript to allow you just to watch it. Hmmm......can it be trusted? :-"
"O, there has been much throwing about of brains." -- Guildenstern{alt. Gyldenstern[alt. Gyldenstjerne(anc. Gyllenstierna{knight of Lundholm})], knight of Hamlet}.
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

@Lundholm:
Allow just forums.informaction.com. No need to trust the rest of informaction.com. :)
Last edited by Alan Baxter on March 20th, 2009, 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
nagan

Post by nagan »

Giorgio Maone wrote:@nagan:
Does anything change on a clean profile?

Did that with a totally clean profile.Just on clicking a song FF crashed.I tried twice and it replicated.The built in crash error reporter (with the site name) has sent the error report to Mozilla.

By the way which Forum becomes official?? The users should have the benifit of others' queries as well.. :P
Tom T.

Post by Tom T. »

therube wrote:(Because I'm here already. One less site to visit. One less login. One less password to remember. One less URL to remember. One less window opened.

Have you tried Password Safe? Encryption by Bruce Schneier. I think it took me about 45 seconds to add a new entry and have PWS generate a crypto-strength pw. It will remember the URL, it will automatically take you there, it will automatically enter your U+P, it will automatically log you in (when you click two buttons). It will not automatically cook your breakfast or clean your windows (or your Windows). Maybe a feature request to the devs.

859 wrote:How is it that in about:config there is a parameter noscript.clearClick.exceptions set to three URL including ebay.com (!!!) and I do not see where ClearClick exceptions can be managed in the NoScript options? Where are users pointed to the fact that there *is* ClearClick exceptions?

That's strange. I just looked, and the only exception was noscript.net/getit. I don't remember changing anyting, as I wasn't aware it was there.
GµårÐïåñ

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Tom T. wrote:
therube wrote:(Because I'm here already. One less site to visit. One less login. One less password to remember. One less URL to remember. One less window opened.

Have you tried Password Safe? Encryption by Bruce Schneier. I think it took me about 45 seconds to add a new entry and have PWS generate a crypto-strength pw. It will remember the URL, it will automatically take you there, it will automatically enter your U+P, it will automatically log you in (when you click two buttons). It will not automatically cook your breakfast or clean your windows (or your Windows). Maybe a feature request to the devs.

859 wrote:How is it that in about:config there is a parameter noscript.clearClick.exceptions set to three URL including ebay.com (!!!) and I do not see where ClearClick exceptions can be managed in the NoScript options? Where are users pointed to the fact that there *is* ClearClick exceptions?

That's strange. I just looked, and the only exception was noscript.net/getit. I don't remember changing anyting, as I wasn't aware it was there.

I like RoboForm and I use it myself for years and I love it. Great security, function, integration and wonderful. Just a thought.
Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@Lundholm:
The new dedicated forum board is working for me without JavaScript exactly as much as this Mozillazine one :-k

nagan wrote:which Forum becomes official?? The users should have the benifit of others' queries as well.. :P

That's the main reason we'd better stop posting here about FlashGot/NoScript issues, unless we found support queries in other topics (I'm still periodically searching Mozillazine for NoScript/FlashGot issues).

I'm asking moderators to lock this topic (which is linked back for legacy convenience from the new forums index).
Discussion continues here
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Locking as per Giorgio's request.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)