[Ext] Tab Clicking Options 0.6.6 [20060711]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
shoofy

Post by shoofy »

Just installed it. Works great!
chengkhoon

Post by chengkhoon »

Hi Twanno,

Thanks for your wonderful extension! However with the latest version (0.6.6) there is a conflict with the tab scroll buttons and all tabs button in the latest nightly.

When there are a large number of tabs open, the tab scroll buttons will appear at both ends of the tab strip. To scroll to the other side of the tab strip we frequently click on the tab scroll buttons quickly. However with the tab clicking options extension installed, clicking the tab scroll buttons quickly will invoke the 'double click on tab bar' functionality, which in my case is set to open a new tab.

IMHO double clicking on the tab scroll buttons and the all tabs button should not invoke the 'double click on tab bar' functionaliy. Hope you can take this into consideration in the next version. Thank you very much!
twanno

Post by twanno »

Hi chengkhoon,

I will fix this as soon as possible, thanks.
chengkhoon

Post by chengkhoon »

thank you for the prompt response! looking forward for the next version!
brymoore

nvu compatibility?

Post by brymoore »

i'm sure no one here has the time to port this extension (which i love by the way) to nvu, but i think it would be incredibly useful, so... is there anyone who can give me a super quick primer on how to mod extensions? thanks, in advance!
Zief

Post by Zief »

I'm using beta 2 now and in version 0.6.6 double/middle click worked on the button with list of open tabs on the right side of tabbar. I found this very useful when i had many tabs opened and no more free space on tabbar to click. Clicking on this button on right was really useful to undo close tab (middleclick) and open new tab (doubleclick). Hope you consider adding this behavior back, maybe as an additional option. Now I'm stick with 0.6.6.
grool

Post by grool »

I'm using this and the keyconfig extension to go through tabs very quickly as I surf. I'd like to how to add extra functionality, namely:

[ctrl]+Middle Click = "Close Tab, focus to the left available Tab"

and

[alt]+Middle Click = "Close Tab, focus to the right available Tab"

since by default, Middle Mouse Button Click closes Tab.

And maybe add these or other customisable commands e.g. instead of using "[ctrl] and [alt] + Middle Click", users can assign "[ctrl] + Left/Right Click" in the options dialogs.

I hope that's not too confusing. Thanks!

FYI- I've currently programmed [ctrl]+"[" and [ctrl]+"]" in keyconfig for the same functions described.
missbaggio

A possible bug?

Post by missbaggio »

Hi there, I have been using this great extension but after the last update there seemed to be a weird problem, not quite sure it came from my setting or a bug though.

I used to set double clicking tabs to close the specific tabs, while tab bar to open a new tab. But with the latest update, it looks like the outcome of double-clicking the tab bar will override the one on the tab, i.e. I double-clicked a opened tab, the action opened a new empty tab, as if I have clicked on the bar, instead of closing the tab.
twanno

Post by twanno »

grool wrote:I'm using this and the keyconfig extension to go through tabs very quickly as I surf. I'd like to how to add extra functionality, namely:

[ctrl]+Middle Click = "Close Tab, focus to the left available Tab"

and

[alt]+Middle Click = "Close Tab, focus to the right available Tab"

since by default, Middle Mouse Button Click closes Tab.

And maybe add these or other customisable commands e.g. instead of using "[ctrl] and [alt] + Middle Click", users can assign "[ctrl] + Left/Right Click" in the options dialogs.

I hope that's not too confusing. Thanks!

FYI- I've currently programmed [ctrl]+"[" and [ctrl]+"]" in keyconfig for the same functions described.

I'm sorry but that's not possible right now. I'm planning to add options for modifier keys + Right Click and Middle Click in the future. And maybe later the possibility to add costumisable commands.

missbaggio wrote:I used to set double clicking tabs to close the specific tabs, while tab bar to open a new tab. But with the latest update, it looks like the outcome of double-clicking the tab bar will override the one on the tab, i.e. I double-clicked a opened tab, the action opened a new empty tab, as if I have clicked on the bar, instead of closing the tab.

Do you have an extension installed that does modify the tabs in some way or another? If so, which extension?

regards,
Twanno
missbaggio

Post by missbaggio »

Hi, twanno, you are right, I also have an addon named "Tab plus mix" installed, and I got no problem with your extension after I remove that one. Thanks for the answer and the great work.
adamlau

Post by adamlau »

0.6.8 Broken on 2.0 RC1 (specifically the tete SSE PGO builds)...
Tab Plus Mix dev version (300KB+) working on 2.0 RC1, but bloated for what it is...
NetBSD 64-bit + Xfce
ArchLinux 64-bit + JWM
twanno

Post by twanno »

adamlau wrote:0.6.8 Broken on 2.0 RC1 (specifically the tete SSE PGO builds)...
Tab Plus Mix dev version (300KB+) working on 2.0 RC1, but bloated for what it is...

I can assure you that it does work on 2.0 RC1, it should not matter which build you use. Did you have Tab Mix Plus or another similar extension enabled when you tried Tab Clicking Options?
adamlau

Post by adamlau »

Tried again...Funny...Works now on RC2...
NetBSD 64-bit + Xfce
ArchLinux 64-bit + JWM
Game-R

Conflict With Tab Mix Plus

Post by Game-R »

I'm using the latest Tab Clicking Options v0.6.8 extension along with Tab Mix Plus v0.3.0.5 extension.

One of these extensions is causing a conflict where if I middle click the left side of a tab (around the tab's icon) it would close the tab, as its configured to do. But if I middle click anywhere else on the tab (middle or right area) it would open a new tab instead. I've set both Tab Clicking Options and Tab Mix Plus to only open a new tab when middle-clicking on the tab bar or double-clicking anywhere (tab and tab bar).

Disabling either Tab Clicking Options or TMP itself would fix the problem. But I need to use Tab Clicking Options extension because it allows me to choose the options of giving the new tabs focus or to position them beside the current tab. Something TMP doesn't have yet.
modingo

Post by modingo »

Tab Clicking Options is a plug-in that I've been using since SeaMonkey v1.1.1 and it makes browsing very easy and fast. I've set it up so that if I click on the tab bar, a new blank tab appears. I also have it set up so that if I click on an existing tab, that tab will close and the browser gives focus to <b>the last used tab</b>. This is very convenient if you use the "Open Link In New Tab" pull down menu frequently. However, SM v1.1.5 breaks compatibility with Tab Clicking Options and no longer brings you back to where you were. The focus after clicking off a tab defaults to the tab that happens to be directly next to the clicked off tab (on the left side of that tab) and not the last used tab. So now I must look for the last tab I used and click on that tab to get back to where you were. If more than 6 tabs are open it becomes difficult as the tabs are so small that tha tab names are not shown completely

Downgrading back to SeaMonkey v1.1.4 resolves this issue.